The Curious Case of the Frank Lampards

Rammeister

When I was a kid Frank Lampards Dad was known as Frank Lampard.

When our Frank Lampard started playing he was known as Frank Lampard Junior whilst his dad was still Frank Lampard.

Now, as he has become more famous, our Frank Lampard ceased to be Frank Lampard Junior and become Frank Lampard whilst his dad changed to Frank Lampard Senior.

Any other people associated with Derby that this type of thing has happened to?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mid-2000's Derby County also-ran striker Junior was in fact named after his father, Junior.

As a result he was know in his early days as Junior junior, and his father was Junior. Now he's Junior and Junior is known as Junior Senior. Similar thing happened with ex-Reading striker Trevor Senior, and his son Senior junior.

I always though Mart Poom was Peter Schmeichel's evil twin brother who'd clearly been locked away in a Danish or Estonian attic for many years, probably in chains, drooling, only to discover the genetics meant they were both equally excellent keepers so our Mart (Schmeichel) Poom was released to the world.

Then we had Tommy, Steve, Barry and Daryl (perhaps more), all Powells, who were father and son and more twins, separated at birth. That last comment reminding me of when Big Ron signed (the sadly late) Dalian Atkinson and before the unveiling reporters were asking if they were related.

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I always though Mart Poom was Peter Schmeichel's evil twin brother who'd clearly been locked away in a Danish or Estonian attic for many years, probably in chains, drooling, only to discover the genetics meant they were both equally excellent keepers so our Mart (Schmeichel) Poom was released to the world.

Then we had Tommy, Steve, Barry and Daryl (perhaps more), all Powells, who were father and son and more twins, separated at birth. That last comment reminding me of when Big Ron signed (the sadly late) Dalian Atkinson and before the unveiling reporters were asking if they were related.

You’ve just made me smile remembering Barry Powell.

?

58 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

You’ve just made me smile remembering Barry Powell.

?

And there was I thinking I might get banned for reminding the forum of a dreadful time and player. A poor man's Ray Wilkins - or perhaps the guy Butterfield modelled his game on? 

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

And there was I thinking I might get banned for reminding the forum of a dreadful time and player. A poor man's Ray Wilkins - or perhaps the guy Butterfield modelled his game on? 

I can’t believe you missed out Chris!

16 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

How’s the book coming along? ?

Archived