Determine the style of Football at Derby

Curtains

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

How many times have we had manager changes and the door is still open philosophy though mate .

Seems like certain players get chance after chance because of manager changes. 

I get what you're saying and un fortunately changing managers aids this process with there different styles etc....All I'm saying is i don't think it will be a long process for Frank and co to evaluate who's wanted and who's not 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, curtains said:

I’m also relieved he’s gone because we don’t have to talk about him anymore. 

Blessing in disguise for him also I’d say. 

Looking forward to your protestations about Frank and Jody. 

Hope they make you happy. 

Blimey that last line makes it sound like you’re at @Alphas wife and he’s cheated on you?

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

Who? What people? I've seen nothing like that posted on here so you'll have to direct me to it. 

No, I think he left for more money, more transfer budget and better players. The exact same reasons he applied for other jobs while at Birmingham.

It's funny, you wasn't saying this when McClaren went to Man United or was even linked with Newcastle. 

He didn't like his job? Let me guess, because of the criticism? 

If he can't handle criticism then he's in the wrong line of work and he will never ever manage a top club. Never. Criticism gets worse the higher you go.

You think Stoke fans will sit quietly if they aren't challenging top 6?

Whatever reason he left other than what I've stated... when will it become clear exactly?

I admire your patience and efforts but at the same time, I wonder where's the line between patience and waste of time?

1 hour ago, curtains said:

How many times have we had manager changes and the door is still open philosophy though mate .

Seems like certain players get chance after chance because of manager changes. 

But this time we had to get a new manager because ours left us.

11 hours ago, curtains said:

Don’t you think he left for reasons that may become clearer in time.  

If you didn’t like your job would you stay. 

Since we never really find out the real reasons Mel wields the axe, I doubt we will get the full story when he is on the receiving end. 

22 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

He chose them - he ignored some, bought others. He chose how to play.

We reached the play offs, the manager having had to sell our best players. Not enough for some fans apparently. 

3 minutes ago, europia said:

We reached the play offs, the manager having had to sell our best players. Not enough for some fans apparently. 

Had to sell players he didn't want to play - get it right.

Failed to get us promoted with dire football, more than enough for some fans!

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Had to sell players he didn't want to play - get it right.

Failed to get us promoted with dire football, more than enough for some fans!

You seem very bitter. Like you have some sort of personal vendetta against Gary Rowett. 

1 minute ago, europia said:

You seem very bitter. Like you have some sort of personal vendetta against Gary Rowett. 

I'm not bitter at all mate - you're the Rowett fanboy. I'm so happy he's gone and left us with Frank & Jody. That might not have happened with  a year of Rowettbore! ?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

I'm not bitter at all mate - you're the Rowett fanboy. I'm so happy he's gone and left us with Frank & Jody. That might not have happened with  a year of Rowettbore! ?

It's not a case of being a "Rowett fanboy". What a childish comment. It's simply a case that I accept  players and managers will sometimes leave the club of their own volition, without people having to rubbish them. 

2 minutes ago, europia said:

It's not a case of being a "Rowett fanboy". What a childish comment. It's simply a case that I accept  players and managers will sometimes leave the club of their own volition, without people having to rubbish them. 

I'm rubbishing Roger cos of the style of football he choose to play and the OAPs he signed to try and get us promoted - he didn't. Failed.

What are you being a Rowett fanboy for? On another thread you were on about the age of the squad?! 

Please enough of this Rowett moaning,he took a year of my life watching boring dull dried up football.

Forget him and hope for the future i aint getting any younger guys,decent performances would be sooooo much appreciated.

On 05/06/2018 at 08:40, RoyMac5 said:

All his career he has been 'slow and easy to mark', something I disagree with btw - so how come he scored and set up so many goals previously? It's as sparkles says, it's about playing to your players strengths.

I thought it looked like Martin and Lawrence were getting a bit of an understanding going.

He is slow Roy .. you shouldn’t deny it but Teddy Sherringham was slow and an intelligent footballer. Martin isn’t quite Teddy but he has something of him that we could use quite apart from rose tinted Mac1 .... if we were that good we would have been promoted automatically, or beaten QPR with ease. 

Lawrence, Nugent, Vydra, Jerome and Martin - we have a wide variety of of front players - all with quality. We don’t need strikers ! We need a supply line 

where we have failed time and again is a midfield balance. Hendrick and Bryson had a purple patch with GT or John Eustance as anchors but that was a long way from perfect. Some great games for but some others where they looked impotent.

We desperately need a midfield maestro or two. One that can tackle, pass and also bring the ball forward. Wide men who are really wide (rather than co opted lightweight midfielders  are also key to owning the middle of the park. Sort that out and any one or two of the front 5 choices will score plenty goals for us 

9 hours ago, jono said:

He is slow Roy .. you shouldn’t deny it but Teddy Sherringham was slow and an intelligent footballer. Martin isn’t quite Teddy but he has something of him that we could use quite apart from rose tinted Mac1 …

I was denying the concept that he was 'easy to mark' no-one has ever denied Martin hasn't got the pace of a speedy striker. An intelligent footballer (and I'm using known names) as you say like Sherringham or Tony Adams reads the game well to make up for lack of pace. 

7 minutes ago, Seaside Sam said:

isn't that what Maclaren said as well?

I don't believe he did, but even if he did it wouldn't be relevant as he was sacked (twice). 

Archived