Lampard and Bryson

cannable

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With some people saying Bryson is now to old for us and we should take what we can but it is worth remembering that he is not only  a hard working experienced goal scoring central midfielder but he now has an automatic promotion on his CV and a great example to any youngsters coming through and if we are to be playing an attacking game he would be a vital option

18 hours ago, Mr Giggles said:

I think the only real difference between Bryson and Lampard has been the injuries that Bryson has had over the few years.

Having said that, he has still proven he can be instrumental to a Promotion winning side - I'm really sitting on the fence with this. I would love him to be a Starter but I just can't see him hitting the heights that we have seen previously.

Yeah that and in their primes one being a world class midfielder and the other, a top end championship midfielder...

This thread contains some hilarious stuff. 

FWIW, I would move Bryson on if possible. Absolutely no faith in him not getting injured as usual and considering he’s one of the higher earners, and we are said to be trimming the wage bill, it makes sense to move him on. I appreciate Cardiff Warnocked their way out of the division but can’t say as I remember Craig getting much of the credit for that. 

We need some younger legs in midfield or at least some technical quality. 

I think there is still a role for bryson to help develop the sprogs.

midfield is an area where we can promote a few - elsnik, thomas, guy possibly. 

Bayliss looks like a replica bryson.

lawrence still plays like a sprog.

an older head in there to guide them is essential. 

2 hours ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

Hes had his day at derby and needs to be moved on. He'll never by, my reckoning be the force he was im afraid. Same as martin. Both earn to much and are to old

I really cant help thinking with 2 in the side is a backwards step

I really cant help thinking if they had been in the side we would probably be in the prem.

38 minutes ago, CROSSWORD said:

I really cant help thinking if they had been in the side we would probably be in the prem.

Both were present in Derby sides which failed so I don't think I could agree, The changed side may not have produced the results we actually did.

Nobody will know of course

You would expect someone of FL's stature to identify abilities and bring out the best in all of our midfield talent. Bryson has the intelligence to adapt his game to extend his career. Personally I'd like to see less running about and more astute 'right place, right time' runs. He has that in his locker.

I have a nostalgic ideal that Bryson, Martin and Thorne will flourish under FL but realistic enough to know that all 3 could be surplus and part of a full. I'm okay with that too, just as long as replacements are proper footballers!

Theoretically all of our midfielders will benefit if they get to actually touch the ball (maybe not Bradley)

• 1 month later...
On 02/06/2018 at 18:43, cannable said:

Lampard traditionally played on the left of a midfield three, making runs from deep into the box and scoring. He played late on into his thirties. 

Bryso plays in the same position and in a similar vein to Lampard but his body keeps breaking down. Bryso still pretty much plays how he did in his 20s which could be why he keeps picking up niggles. 

I wonder if Lampard can effectivley prolong Bryso’s career and his output having played in the same position and the same function into his late thirties. 

He should, theoretically, be able to transfer what gave him longevity to Brys, be it managing his minutes or slightly altering his game etcetera.

Time will tell. Bryson wasn't playing very well after he was given a lengthy new contract. 

Archived