Lampard and Bryson

cannable

52 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

I would like to see hudds in the quarterback position pinging balls out to our wide receivers Lawrence and Anya whilst bryse moves into the end zone to stick it in the basket

And with John Terry providing plenty of shut-outs this is guaranteed to make Lampard the winningest manager and the Derby Rams a successful franchise.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, StringerBell said:

Shuttle runner? Stop reading the Bleacher Report, it's called a box to box midfielder in England.

Thanks for clearing that. I follow quite a bit of football, but shuttle is something I've seen at the airports.

8 hours ago, McLovin said:

I’d only keep him as back up if we are playing 4-3-3. He really struggled for Cardiff last season with his fitness and could only perform in short bursts but he’d be perfect in the winter months to be used for rotation purposes.

Bryson is best in the shuttle runner position moving from zone 8 to zone 10 so the other two midfielders would need to be disciplined to cover the space vacated by Bryson. 

I’d keep Bryson, Guy and Elsnik as the back ups for the two advanced centre midfield positions. Sell Johnson, Butterfield, Ledley in midfield and buy/loan two starter midfielders.

Then Huddlestone/Thorne as the defensive midfielders with their passing range.

Struggled with Cardiff ? When fit he played , has he to play when he’s Injured ? And the fact he played when fit tells u what Warnock thinks of him , I’d imagine lampard will think the same 

25 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Struggled with Cardiff ? When fit he played , has he to play when he’s Injured ? And the fact he played when fit tells u what Warnock thinks of him , I’d imagine lampard will think the same 

Cardiff not interested then?

43 minutes ago, valleyram said:

I love Bryson but he played because of injuries to Cardiff’s two first choice centre mids

He should have his crack at the Premier League..... ValleyRam would love the freebies and verbally abuse Warnock and his tactics on the Bluebirds forum. 

Just now, valleyram said:

Warnock tell u that ? 

Alright touchy it was in an article written about him and whether Cardiff will sign him by their equivalent of S Nicholson...

didnt mean upset you and your Bryson love in ?

2 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

He should have his crack at the Premier League..... ValleyRam would love the freebies and verbally abuse Warnock and his tactics on the Bluebirds forum. 

No need to we know his tactics all work hard get ball in the box Score a goal and don’t lose any , simple really 

On 02/06/2018 at 20:18, Parsnip said:

What about Bradley Johnson? The new Frank.

makes more sense.

but hey this is DCFC fans, and beause he want here in 2014, when we won the premierleague, champions loeague and world cup, he will never be as regarded in the same breath as the world beater that is Craig Bryson

10 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

makes more sense.

but hey this is DCFC fans, and beause he want here in 2014, when we won the premierleague, champions loeague and world cup, he will never be as regarded in the same breath as the world beater that is Craig Bryson

Johnson hasn’t spent the last two seasons struggling with muscle injuries…

On 02/06/2018 at 13:43, cannable said:

Lampard traditionally played on the left of a midfield three, making runs from deep into the box and scoring. He played late on into his thirties. 

Bryso plays in the same position and in a similar vein to Lampard but his body keeps breaking down. Bryso still pretty much plays how he did in his 20s which could be why he keeps picking up niggles. 

I wonder if Lampard can effectivley prolong Bryso’s career and his output having played in the same position and the same function into his late thirties. 

He should, theoretically, be able to transfer what gave him longevity to Brys, be it managing his minutes or slightly altering his game etcetera.

It's an interesting question that may have merit.

But equally they may just have entirely different metabolisms and their ability to recover from injuries could be utterly different. 

Who knws?

I’m not sure Bryso has the correct shoulder posture anymore to play the fast and furious game that he once did. His posture caused friction on his back muscles which in turn injure his other muscles such as his glutes. Years of hard running causes this natural effect. 

Archived