John Terry - Appointed assistant manager at Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Rammy said:

Is that whole story based off this one line?

“He will definitely be there for me. We are close”

There for him how? He could just mean supportive as a friend, not necessarily working for the club in any capacity.

Surely we aren’t paying Lampard £2m a year? ?

I highly doubt we're paying him £2m a year. 

We likely won't know for certain, of course, but that would probably make him the highest paid manager in the league and I doubt his demands were that high. I also doubt that if they were that high we would still have appointed him.

i'd be surprised if Frank brought him in

New page for him - and tarnishing it with JT wouldn't be good for the image and where he wants to be. JT is too much baggage as a player and a person.

He looked shaky in that PO final  - anyway its the last thing we need is a CB

We have other departments that need sorting first

Move on JT to US / China - we are happy with our lot

I can see him coming in as club captain and being Lampard's eyes and ears on the pitch, demanding a high standard. Keogh will move on while we can get a good price for him.

But then I can also see him replacing Jody Morris at Chelsea.

We shall see.

I can't see why people are panicking over the 'youth over experience' policy if it's just one signing, and this signing would be incredible for a year. 

Whilst the story is most likely lazy journalism, think of the positives if it happens. If he agrees to take a pay cut, he's no dearer on a one year option than the other star players in our squad. He has the ability and experience that most players dream of at our level. He'd be amazing to have around for the younger players we are hopefully blooding through this season. And, speculatively, he'd most likely only join with an option to begin his coaching career with us and team up with Lampard afterwards.

Now how inspiring a backroom setup would that be to youth players, current and prospective? 

1 hour ago, irobinson said:

i'd be surprised if Frank brought him in

New page for him - and tarnishing it with JT wouldn't be good for the image and where he wants to be. JT is too much baggage as a player and a person.

He looked shaky in that PO final  - anyway its the last thing we need is a CB

We have other departments that need sorting first

Move on JT to US / China - we are happy with our lot

he does need a voice in the dressing room though, one of his guys in there.  JT would meet that need but I dare say there are others

6 minutes ago, Spanish said:

he does need a voice in the dressing room though, one of his guys in there.  JT would meet that need but I dare say there are others

Jodi Morris - and Curtis Davis will be fine in my book

John Terrys voice didn't work for Villa - with there overpaid monkeys last season

5 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Hes been outstanding at Villa.

If Stoke came in for Davies, then Terry would be the perfect replacement.

When it when it comes to the business end of the season and we need a must win, I’d rather have Davies and Terry than Keogh and Davies, I’m not on the Keogh bashing team, but fact is for the most part Keogh is great, but when the pressure is on you can just feel a mistake in him, unfortunately on more than one occasion, he’s obliged

6 minutes ago, irobinson said:

Outstanding at Villa???

He was in the efl team of the season , Villa fans loved him there. Pretty sure they conceded less goals than us too.

Id sell Davies or Keogh for a million or two and get Terry in player/coach. Win win

Archived