Official: It’s Frank, 3 year deal

cosmic

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats, brave move from Derby. 

Who knows whether it will work out or not. Will be interesting to see which one of Lampard and Gerrard goes on to have a decent career, both worked with various top managers. 

Will be interesting to see if he gives Chris Martin another go.

16 minutes ago, Paese said:

Love it. Massive risk, but any manager is. It'll be exciting either way.

P.S. I hate the video of him walking out the tunnel. It's the kind of video that comes back to haunt us if it doesn't work out.

I love that video. Makes me dead proud to go there every other week and Frank should be proud of working there 

2 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

Congrats, brave move from Derby. 

Who knows whether it will work out or not. Will be interesting to see which one of Lampard and Gerrard goes on to have a decent career, both worked with various top managers. 

Will be interesting to see if he gives Chris Martin another go.

Can they not both go on to have a decent career? 

2 minutes ago, GadFly said:

Can they not both go on to have a decent career? 

Yes, or neither. Don't be pedantic.... I was being sincere in congratulating you.

Remember that Lampard was first linked to Ipswich, our bitter rivals, and I'm really glad he didn't go there because we'd not hear the end of them telling us how they are a huge club because they won something in 1981. 

Im feeling excited for next season! Im not expecting top 6 at all we have a lot of building to do, but just the thought of us playing freely gets me up for the new season already. Frank is young and hungry with Jody Morris coming as well I believe that we will start to find and bring through some talented youth. I have no doubts that the football he will play will be better than GR's. Its refreshing to see optimism and hope for club when most had thought we were going backwards. Lets get right behind him....

COYR

After the novelty wears off, we're still going to have restrictions on budget, high expectations, likely to lose Vydra and others. It's going to be a tough season, one most decent managers would be considered to be ok with upper mid table.

So let's just give Lampard some time and trust. With little real difference between 7th and 21st let's just enjoy the season and hope the team is a bit entertaining.

Archived