Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

£15-£20 mil and you could easily start the rejuvenation of the team. Marriott, Maddison, Dack and a left wing back could easily bought with that money and adds goals and assists plus options to interchange.

Aint gonna happen though. You just know that we wont be in for these type of players, we never are. In the highly unlikely event that we were in for them, Villa would be in there before us anyway, cos they're not good enough to get promoted, or it will be one of the relegated prem teams that will snatch them up.

11 minutes ago, ramant62 said:

Aint gonna happen though. You just know that we wont be in for these type of players, we never are. In the highly unlikely event that we were in for them, Villa would be in there before us anyway, cos they're not good enough to get promoted, or it will be one of the relegated prem teams that will snatch them up.

Not good enough to get promoted?

Neither were QPR.

2 hours ago, GenBr said:

Just move Lawrence to the number 10 and then maybe buy some players who actually are wingers.

Moving Lawrence to a number ten woild definately be my move, but if we’re continuing with the 343 then we won’t need wingers, just some proper creative midfielders to play with Lawrence. A certain will Hughes would have been fantastic..

He's going to be sold shortly.

I've read somewhere on the internet that Nottingham Forest and Sheffield Wednesday in the first place; and also DCFC and Aston Villa depending on their Play off results, would have to provide evidence to the EFL over the summer that they are taking steps to bring their accounts into line and reduce losses significantly for the next accounting period which includes projections for season 18/19 accounts.

12 hours ago, Papahet said:

Can't find any link to West Ham?

Hopefully it'll start a bidding war though and it plays into our hands. Hold out for 15 and I think we'd have done the right thing in selling.

HITC haven't written it yet. You were just being primed by Bris.

On ‎18‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 22:12, ramant62 said:

See Dack play regularly for Gillingham not good enough i'm afraid.

On 18/05/2018 at 22:15, GenBr said:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom-aston-villa-among-14674798.amp

Villa and West Brom favourites to sign him. Hopefully we can start a bidding war.

Brum based paper linking local teams. I'm not sure WBA would be too interested given his last spell. I think Stoke, Swansea, Wednesday, Villa, Leeds, Forest, Fulham and Boro will look,  but a couple may be priced out. Not so sure about Prem sides but more likely Huddersfield, Brighton, Bournemouth etc. Wonder about Watford?

Clubs of those natures generally have players of reasonable quality to part exchange though, so we might get a decent makeweight thrown in to make it up to a passable fee.

If he's not going to be used effectively then he absolutely needs to go and be replaced by someone who can be effective in the current system. No idea on Rowett's strategy this summer but he is yet to try Bosmans, lower league, Scotland or further abroad yet.

41 minutes ago, Rample said:

Brum based paper linking local teams. I'm not sure WBA would be too interested given his last spell. I think Stoke, Swansea, Wednesday, Villa, Leeds, Forest, Fulham and Boro will look,  but a couple may be priced out. Not so sure about Prem sides but more likely Huddersfield, Brighton, Bournemouth etc. Wonder about Watford?

Clubs of those natures generally have players of reasonable quality to part exchange though, so we might get a decent makeweight thrown in to make it up to a passable fee.

If he's not going to be used effectively then he absolutely needs to go and be replaced by someone who can be effective in the current system. No idea on Rowett's strategy this summer but he is yet to try Bosmans, lower league, Scotland or further abroad yet.

We could just play Chris Martin in that no 10 role, sure not much pace but we would then have someone who can control the ball and pass it to our players and allow the odd midfielder to venture forward and yes he is more than capable of scoring goals 

On 18/05/2018 at 19:21, Jimbo Ram said:

I won't be gutted if he went like I was with Hughes and Ince. If we get the right fee (we must be talking around 15 mill) along with maybe 3 mill for Coldplay, a million for Bryson, a mill for Thomas, maybe a mill for Blackman and say £500k for Butters, we would have reduced the wage bill considerably (on top of Baird, Shackell and Bent going) but have some money to re-invest in the squad. I would think 4 perms in and 2 decent loans should do the trick....

Think Vydra will be off - Especially if Rowett to Stoke happens - But you might be a little optimistic on those other transfer values - And I think there's probably still a place for Bryson if he wanted to stay - And what's a bit mad is there might be a space for Blackman at the moment! We only really have Lawrence and Weimann as wingers/wide-forwards - If we're looking to cut spending this season he'd be a viable backup option alongside Bennett maybe?

BTW just writing that last line made me depressed - Lawrence, Weimann, Blackman and Bennett isn't exactly going to strike fear into many hearts is it?

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

Think Vydra will be off - Especially if Rowett to Stoke happens - But you might be a little optimistic on those other transfer values - And I think there's probably still a place for Bryson if he wanted to stay - And what's a bit mad is there might be a space for Blackman at the moment! We only really have Lawrence and Weimann as wingers/wide-forwards - If we're looking to cut spending this season he'd be a viable backup option alongside Bennett maybe?

BTW just writing that last line made me depressed - Lawrence, Weimann, Blackman and Bennett isn't exactly going to strike fear into many hearts is it?

Well it strikes fear into my heart that we have to rely on them for a whole season to produce!! ?

4 hours ago, cheron85 said:

They were reserves and still should be ( Lawrence has some fleeting promise)

Archived