Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

8 minutes ago, Papahet said:

No mention of a fee anywhere, surely we aren’t going to panic sell after the Leeds deal fell through.

11m is peanuts to them

Free transfer. Get him off the books because he's such a disrupdive influence and useless.

Oh sorry, that's Martin.

/ @Ninos hacked my account

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WharfedaleRam said:

My window cleaner's a Burnley ST holder and he never mentioned it this morning. Can't be true!

You need a patio furniture salesman then.

I'm glad we have potentially found a buyer. Best for both Vydra and the club.

Playing in Europe too. Hope he smashes it and rubs Leeds' noses in it. 

Do think Dyche would have learned from getting Henricks though our players aren't all they were cracked up to be.

1 minute ago, Rample said:

I'm glad we have potentially found a buyer. Best for both Vydra and the club.

Playing in Europe too. Hope he smashes it and rubs Leeds' noses in it. 

Do think Dyche would have learned from getting Henricks though our players aren't all they were cracked up to be.

Why on earth would Dyche view Hendrick's transfer as a negative? You do realise that Hendrick has played in the majority of games for a Burnley side that qualified for the Europe? I'm sure Dyche is absolutely devastated with that bit of business.

4 minutes ago, Anon said:

Why on earth would Dyche view Hendrick's transfer as a negative? You do realise that Hendrick has played in the majority of games for a Burnley side that qualified for the Europe? I'm sure Dyche is absolutely devastated with that bit of business.

But how well has he really done? Don't think he's close to looking like a £10m+ player. Still the same inconsistent one we had worth half of that. Their fans aren't too keen from what I read. 

4 minutes ago, Rample said:

But how well has he really done? Don't think he's close to looking like a £10m+ player. Still the same inconsistent one we had worth half of that. Their fans aren't too keen from what I read. 

Well enough. Call me crazy, but I'm going to go ahead and value Sean Dyche's opinion over random Burnley fans on the internet. I'm not claiming that Hendrick is one of Burnley's better players or even an automatic starter, but 10 million doesn't buy you an automatic starter at Premier League level. In a world where Sam Clucas costs 15 million and Jordan Hugill costs 10 million I'd be satisfied with what was paid for Hendrick if I were a Burnley fan.

1 minute ago, Anon said:

Well enough. Call me crazy, but I'm going to go ahead and value Sean Dyche's opinion over random Burnley fans on the internet. I'm not claiming that Hendrick is one of Burnley's better players or even an automatic starter, but 10 million doesn't buy you an automatic starter at Premier League level. In a world where Sam Clucas costs 15 million and Jordan Hugill costs 10 million I'd be satisfied with what was paid for Hendrick if I were a Burnley fan.

and when a random brazilian whos 16 cost madrid 45 mill

17 minutes ago, Rample said:

66 appearances over the past 2 season for a club that has avoided relegation and qualified for Europe bringing with it several hundred million of revenue.  

And yet people question the wisdom of bringing him into a club for 10 million, sometimes words fail me.

7 minutes ago, Anon said:

I'm more than happy with what was paid, as a Derby fan. Surprised if Hendrick gets more than a dozen starts this coming season

20 minutes ago, Rample said:

Hendrick always used to frustrate me. When he was up for it he put in some excellent performances. Unfortunately that just wasn't often enough. It comes down to attitude for me. Compare him to someone like Lampard for example, who whilst not necessarily the most naturally gifted player, worked his socks off to wring every last drop of ability out of himself and consequently reached the heights that he did.

1 minute ago, Bad Sheep said:

Hendrick always used to frustrate me. When he was up for it he put in some excellent performances. Unfortunately that just wasn't often enough. It comes down to attitude for me. Compare him to someone like Lampard for example, who whilst not necessarily the most naturally gifted player, worked his socks off to wring every last drop of ability out of himself and consequently reached the heights that he did.

This is precisely how I saw him. Excellent 1 in 5 games, average in 2 and totally anonymous in the other 2

If this goes through, it strikes me as a bit of a "panic buy" by Burnley after they set their sights on Jay Rodriguez all summer.

Rodriguez wants the move but Burnley's latest bid of £16 million was rejected by West Brom last week.

And only yesterday it was reported that there are THREE other PL teams interested in JR - including Spurs whose manager Mauricio Pochettino worked with the player 3/4 years ago at Southampton. West Ham are one of the other teams and could clearly blow Burnley out regarding wages.

So, I think Dyche has reluctantly turned to an alternative. Maybe it will be Vydra, I do not know. We are supposed to want Peter Crouch but he is a completely different type of striker (Rodriguez & Vydra).

As for Europe, Burnley are underdogs against Istanbul (Adebayor, Turan, Emre, Clichy, Frei, Inler among others).

Archived