Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

I've heard he wears a padded bra.

You got the wrong player, back in the late 60s early 70s it was George Best. To the tune From" Hair" .....Georgie Best, Superstar, walks like a woman and he wears a bra !

I won't be gutted if he went like I was with Hughes and Ince. If we get the right fee (we must be talking around 15 mill) along with maybe 3 mill for Coldplay, a million for Bryson, a mill for Thomas, maybe a mill for Blackman and say £500k for Butters, we would have reduced the wage bill considerably (on top of Baird, Shackell and Bent going) but have some money to re-invest in the squad. I would think 4 perms in and 2 decent loans should do the trick....

4 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Can't find any link to West Ham?

Hopefully it'll start a bidding war though and it plays into our hands. Hold out for 15 and I think we'd have done the right thing in selling.

Worth checking at 10:30pm when the online editions come out with the likes of the Mirror, Sun, Telegraph. They have some kind of rule where they're under obligation to publish certain stories only at 10:30pm.

If it doesn't appear, I'm not sure where this guy has heard it from, but he has strong West Ham links.

It could all just be talk. Wouldn't surprise me if Derby are trying to get his name mentioned about as they look to hoke his price up. West Ham always overspend and need another number 10. He'd be ideal for them.

I mean, if they spent 10m on Hugill, we should be demanding at least 15 for Vydra.

'West Ham are a very good club and Vydra would fit there very well,' Chovanec told Sportsmail. 

'They have Andy Carroll and Vydra played very well with a big striker last season, Troy Deeney.

'I have spoken to West Ham but not for two weeks now, the ball is in their court.'

This was from 2013. Could be that his agent is sounding out another move to West Ham

18 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’ll take that tbf, that’s a more fair price. Worry how we’d replace him still mind...

Just move Lawrence to the number 10 and then maybe buy some players who actually are wingers.

13 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Just move Lawrence to the number 10 and then maybe buy some players who actually are wingers.

This is where I am. The playoffs to me showed long term vydra, despite his excellent strike rate, isn’t the right player to get the most out of the way rowett wants to play; when he was on the pitch he was too isolated and doesn’t put the same shift in as the wingers. I think Lawrence is the natural successor; has the right attributes if he can improve his final ball, with hopefully an up and coming winger or 2 added to the mix.

I like Vydra for the player he is , looks on a different wave length and class level at times , but as pre mentioned I don't think Gary sees him as a key player as daft as it sounds. Gary likes a hard working team from front to back all with the same mentality. 

Playing Vydra is basically playing 2 up front. There is a reason hardly any teams do this now....the game has changed.

Playing Vyds has meant we’ve gone defensive in midfield and the balance hasn’t been quite right all season. If we get rid, play a midfield 10, we might be able to be more expansive elsewhere in the team.

Archived