Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

They were reserves and still should be ( Lawrence has some fleeting promise)

Lawrence is a good player - I like Weimann and think he had a good season - But we need a couple of 'different' players too

Remember when we had Ward, Dawkins, Russell and Bamford? Ahhhhhhh those were the days...

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Lawrence is a good player - I like Weimann and think he had a good season - But we need a couple of 'different' players too

Remember when we had Ward, Dawkins, Russell and Bamford? Ahhhhhhh those were the days...

All to well great to watch 

12 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

All to well great to watch 

For me we need a Dawkins-esque linking player - Running from deep - And an out-and-out goalscorer like Bamford - Someone who's first thought was "where's the goal"

Oh and a new Will Hughes please...

2 minutes ago, Potter said:

I'm not sure vydra would want to play for him again. He was pretty frustrated at times and won't have enjoyed being dropped for the play-offs.

4 minutes ago, philmycock said:

We bought him for £8m, like we’d sell him for the same amount, plus he didn’t get on with the snake, he’s going to Southampton or someone of that ilk in the lower prem 

13 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

You would hope he had insight ! 

So someone thinks we would ask for less money than we have paid for him after being to top scorer in the championship hmm

They are usually pretty good with their info, but I must admit it seems a ridiculously low price.  If it's true, we clearly want to get it done early to avoid any bidding war.  

I’d not be adverse to selling Vydra, but I’d hope that we would want more than £8m. It’s not a bad fee for him, considering that his career has been ridiculously inconsistent, but as the championship’s top goalscorer we need to be demanding more. It shows poor business sense otherwise, especially in a time where it’s critical to engineer as much money as possible from outgoings. Ince and Hughes was unforgivable for me. I just hope that was Rowett’s decision and no one else at the club. 

I also think that Rowett probably wouldn’t want to pay that much for a player he clearly didn’t trust too much. Vydra probably wouldn’t be overjoyed about going to play under a mansger that dropped him for two big games, the first being one that could have easily cost him the top goalscorer accolade in the first place.

It’s a non-mover for me. I can see Cardiff maybe coming in for him, perhaps Swansea, but there’s really quite a limited pool of teams who a) can afford him and b) would take a relatively expensive risk on him. I certainly can’t see Rowett coming in for him. Weimann, maybe, perhaps even Lawrence, but not Vydra. 

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I’d not be adverse to selling Vydra, but I’d hope that we would want more than £8m. It’s not a bad fee for him, considering that his career has been ridiculously inconsistent, but as the championship’s top goalscorer we need to be demanding more. It shows poor business sense otherwise, especially in a time where it’s critical to engineer as much money as possible from outgoings. Ince and Hughes was unforgivable for me. I just hope that was Rowett’s decision and no one else at the club. 

I also think that Rowett probably wouldn’t want to pay that much for a player he clearly didn’t trust too much. Vydra probably wouldn’t be overjoyed about going to play under a mansger that dropped him for two big games, the first being one that could have easily cost him the top goalscorer accolade in the first place.

It’s a non-mover for me. I can see Cardiff maybe coming in for him, perhaps Swansea, but there’s really quite a limited pool of teams who a) can afford him and b) would take a relatively expensive risk on him. I certainly can’t see Rowett coming in for him. Weimann, maybe, perhaps even Lawrence, but not Vydra. 

Excuse my ignorance, but what went on between Rowett and Vydra then?  From the outside it looked like he had the best season ever under Rowett, scored plenty of goals, started plenty of games and had a lot of public praise from the manager.  Why do you guys think he wouldn't go back for his top scorer from his previous club?  (Genuine question as it looks a no-brainer from here, but obviously you'll know far more about the relationship last season than me!)

26 minutes ago, Potter said:

They are usually pretty good with their info, but I must admit it seems a ridiculously low price.  If it's true, we clearly want to get it done early to avoid any bidding war.  

With respect to any forthcoming transfer of Vydra, the uncertainty over the new manager at Pride Park couldn't have come at a better time for Derby - or at a worse time for Stoke.

6 minutes ago, Potter said:

Excuse my ignorance, but what went on between Rowett and Vydra then?  From the outside it looked like he had the best season ever under Rowett, scored plenty of goals, started plenty of games and had a lot of public praise from the manager.  Why do you guys think he wouldn't go back for his top scorer from his previous club?  (Genuine question as it looks a no-brainer from here, but obviously you'll know far more about the relationship last season than me!)

He turned him from a first team regular to a super-sub, didn’t start him for play-offs, Rowett likes to defend for 75% minutes of every game, Vydra would not have liked player for him

1 minute ago, philmycock said:

He turned him from a first team regular to a super-sub, didn’t start him for play-offs, Rowett likes to defend for 75% minutes of every game, Vydra would not have liked player for him

Has Vydra come out and said anything about this, or are you just supposing?  

12 minutes ago, eddie said:

With respect to any forthcoming transfer of Vydra, the uncertainty over the new manager at Pride Park couldn't have come at a better time for Derby - or at a worse time for Stoke.

You're very probably right mate.  Unless Mel is super keen to bring in the cash?

15 minutes ago, Potter said:

The two games I was referring to was Barnsley at Home, where we needed to win and Fulham away in the play off second leg. He dropped him in both games to start Weimann and Lawrence. He didn’t trust him enough, despite being the top goalscorer. Vydra’s form did drop in the final third of the season, I can’t question that, but Rowett made no secret in preferring the less technical players in favour for grit. It’s exactly the reason you see a lot of Derby fans not shedding a tear that he has gone, me included. He’s the definition of a percentage-based, second ball-favouring and what I would class as a ‘shortcut’ manager. He played Vydra in the number 10 role and he was better for it, but those two games in particular highlight the lack of trust. It’s why I can see him coming back for Weimann, who he trusted a lot and would be cheap in comparison and perhaps a big bid for Lawrence, who he continually stuck with despite a number of underwhelming performances, but no Vydra. 

4 minutes ago, Potter said:

Has Vydra come out and said anything about this, or are you just supposing?  

Have a look at Vydra's reaction after he missed a penalty against Burton. That is how looked from Feb onwards. He really did not look like he was enjoying his football. As others have said he was dropped and for our most important games of the season. 

Archived