Craig Bryson

David

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Not having a dig at all but it makes me laugh that when Bryson was here he was called out as a "headless chicken". Now we want "runners". As I've said before, we all know nothing, its hilarious! 

I think George summed it up best when he stated; “Bryso’s runs from deep stretches the game and creates space for us to play”

His running was never aimless.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, cannable said:

I think George summed it up best when he stated; “Bryso’s runs from deep stretches the game and creates space for us to play”

His running was never aimless.

If memory serves, the "headless chicken" criticism arose out of one specific game - the Forest at home in early 2015 match where we lost 2-1. Bryson and Hendrick were particularly culpable of ineffectively chasing the ball in midfield and Forest basically passed around them.

It was just one of those games that we had from time to time under Mac where we just seemed to lose our way completely. I agree that in general, the runs he made for offensive purposes were anything but "headless chicken".

6 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Not having a dig at all but it makes me laugh that when Bryson was here he was called out as a "headless chicken". Now we want "runners". As I've said before, we all know nothing, its hilarious! 

Chickens can run - sometimes even when they're headless. I want Bryson to stay.

2 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Chickens can run - sometimes even when they're headless. I want Bryson to stay.

This maybe true but a recently decapitated chicken is unlikely to help our promotion push. No use at all in fact save for a Sunday roast ?

Archived