Craig Bryson

David

5 hours ago, HantsRam said:

I may be wrong on timing but didn't he bring Ledley in AFTER Bryson was released - if that's right then how would that have been "balancing the books"?

He did after the muck up with the Dutch lad and got very lucky with it as we had no one in midfield apart from Huddlestone ( even when Johnson played) but we still had no one who went past the centre circle in the opposition half

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

Do you not think that allowing Bryson and others go on loan was not just about football and squad size but mainly about the wage bill and trying to reduce it.

i get the feeling that Rowett didn’t want Bryson to go but needed to try and balance the books 

...yet he never selected him. I spoke with Bryso before the Red Dogs game & he told me he wanted to be back at the end of the season. Proper Ram & still plenty to offer. He is a rare footballer and is a man of integrity. I suspect also that JR was inclined to leave without Bryso being around. 

He loves derby and has given us some brilliant memories but, didn’t a journalist for Cardiff’s version of the DT suggest that he expects Cardiff to look for someone with more quality... a team not exactly renowned for needing technical ability in the middle of the pitch. Just something to consider.

4 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

He loves derby and has given us some brilliant memories but, didn’t a journalist for Cardiff’s version of the DT suggest that he expects Cardiff to look for someone with more quality... a team not exactly renowned for needing technical ability in the middle of the pitch. Just something to consider.

In a higher division...

13 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

They would be correct to do so too, Bryso possess' a lot of skills but technical ability isn't one of them. We don't nessecerily need a skillful midfielder right now, just one that can get the ball from A to B and in the goal. 

If we are going to use 4-3-3 then I’d keep Bryson as a back up, with Elsnik and Guy other back ups. I’d move the likes of Johnson and Butterfield and one of Ledley/Thorne on and then get 2 new centre midfielders, either loan or permanent.

On 01/06/2018 at 09:29, McLovin said:

If we are going to use 4-3-3 then I’d keep Bryson as a back up, with Elsnik and Guy other back ups. I’d move the likes of Johnson and Butterfield and one of Ledley/Thorne on and then get 2 new centre midfielders, either loan or permanent.

That would leave us with 8 midfielders. 

Huddlestone 

Thorne/Ledley

Bryson

Hanson

Elsnik

Guy

??? 

??? 

Seems a lot for 3 positions. 

3 of them are holding midfielders. The other 5 (depending on who we'd sign) being the attacking two. 

It's a problem area. Too many slow players. Personally I'd quite happily see them all go apart from Elsnick, Guy and two experienced heads (Huddlestone and Bryson maybe). Then sign one or two quality loans maybe. 

I’d love to see Bryson stay if he stays injury free most of the season I can see him having a good season in front of goal as he’s exactly the type of player that will do well under frank. Box to box midfield with bags of energy.. please stay Craig ? 

A lot will depend on the formation that Frank wants to adopt and also what youth  he wants to play and new faces he wants to bring in.

hudds, Thorne, Bryson, Johnson, Ledley, butters, Elsnik, guy, Hanson. That’s 9 CMs without any other signings made. If bids come in for our older players they simply have to go to free up wages and space in the squad for the next generation coming through either from the academy or elsewhere.

if Bryson is to be considered a first teamer who is picked every game to justify his £20-£25k a week wages fair enough but if not he needs to be moved in if possible ideally for a fee.

48 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

A lot will depend on the formation that Frank wants to adopt and also what youth  he wants to play and new faces he wants to bring in.

hudds, Thorne, Bryson, Johnson, Ledley, butters, Elsnik, guy, Hanson. That’s 9 CMs without any other signings made. If bids come in for our older players they simply have to go to free up wages and space in the squad for the next generation coming through either from the academy or elsewhere.

if Bryson is to be considered a first teamer who is picked every game to justify his £20-£25k a week wages fair enough but if not he needs to be moved in if possible ideally for a fee.

If he doesn’t get picked I think Morris will want him moved on anyway, same goes for Ledley. Two big earners that we might as well halve the loss of wages, as stomach it all not to have them playing.

PistoldPete2
9 hours ago, brutamuk said:

That would leave us with 8 midfielders. 

Huddlestone 

Thorne/Ledley

Bryson

Hanson

Elsnik

Guy

??? 

??? 

Seems a lot for 3 positions. 

3 of them are holding midfielders. The other 5 (depending on who we'd sign) being the attacking two. 

It's a problem area. Too many slow players. Personally I'd quite happily see them all go apart from Elsnick, Guy and two experienced heads (Huddlestone and Bryson maybe). Then sign one or two quality loans maybe. 

I think Morris will look at elsnick and Guy and a few others and decide  whether they are good enough to make the step up. If not why keep them? 

People banging on about Bryson, Hes been here too long and isn't the same player anymore. While were at it lets Play Martin up top and pick our team around the Play off final bottling XI.......Get used to change - we need progression. 

37 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

People banging on about Bryson, Hes been here too long and isn't the same player anymore. While were at it lets Play Martin up top and pick our team around the Play off final bottling XI.......Get used to change - we need progression. 

That’s a bit harsh mate, we hardly bottled it. We totally dominated the game and they shut up shop like we did all season to get a lucky break that cost ya the match. 

We didn’t bottle it at all, Jeez!

Adding another player with promotion experience isnt a bad idea at all.

If we play a midfield 3 i would keep Bryson, huddz, elsnik, guy and Thorne.

I would accept anything for the rest of them. A few chocolate buttons would do it, or a half decent Triumph TR7.

Archived