Pubs.

12 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

I tend to forget that one exists for about a decade at a time and then rediscover it. 

Ha ha As I typed that I suddenly thought 'I haven't been there for about ten years'

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, sage said:

Ha ha As I typed that I suddenly thought 'I haven't been there for about ten years'

Used to play boules there about that long ago, and they were a right mardy bunch of cheats. Oh how we ate our superior quality lasagne in stony silence. 

That was probably the last time I went. 

1 hour ago, JoetheRam said:

The Mitre, Allenton.

I drove past there a couple of years ago after a night match and saw 2 women screaming and swearing whilst trying to drag a cabbie out of his car....I was so glad when the lights changed.....

11 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I drove past there a couple of years ago after a night match and saw 2 women screaming and swearing whilst trying to drag a cabbie out of his car....I was so glad when the lights changed.....

So it was a quiet night in there then?

3 hours ago, richinspain said:

Was just about to suggest this one, but wasn’t sure as it’s been 21 years since I last went ?

Still going, and have log cabins there too now 

Anyone a fan of the Barley Mow at Bonsall? 

It was my local for twenty years, but a lot of the regulars from those days here died or moved on.

I don’t like the changes to the decor; fake brick wallpaper in an old store pub, and bistro type chairs and tables instead of the old comfy seats, but it’s still good for music and films. 

The beer used to superb, with plenty of variation, but has dipped slightly with the change of landlord. They still have regular beer festivals and are starting their own brewery, so hopefully that’ll work out well. 

I'm not really a pub person, but occasionally we go out for a quiet drink and sit outside. Yesterday found us at the Steamboat at Trent Lock, watching the canal boats.

Cheap and cheerful.

21 hours ago, Boycie said:

When was the last time you had a decent pint in the cricketers?

Ahh to be fair yeah, its bloody ages, time seems to fly , i thought it was a couple of years and thinking back it must be 20, ouch .

Pedigree as i recall.

If you’re in Kilburn, I’d go to the Old Oak at Horsley Woodhouse. The Leadmill beers are decent, and it’s even better when they have the rurad bar open for guest ales and ciders out of the barrel. 

For a sit outside, I'd go to the Three Horseshoes at Morley. 

Last time I went in the Cricketers they were still smoking inside years after the ban.

Went in the Hunters Arms once, and they were showing embarrassing bodies on the big screen. I had to look at a giant deformed penis whilst I was waiting to be served.  

The Travellers is ok if you want to watch football on your own. 

3 hours ago, Bwash_Ram said:

Ahh to be fair yeah, its bloody ages, time seems to fly , i thought it was a couple of years and thinking back it must be 20, ouch .

Pedigree as i recall.

It was a trick question to be honest, I think it must have closed the day after you went.

???

7 hours ago, eddie said:

I'm not really a pub person, but occasionally we go out for a quiet drink and sit outside. Yesterday found us at the Steamboat at Trent Lock, watching the canal boats.

Cheap and cheerful.

Been a while since I've been there. It was the first time the wife and I had gone out for a drink since the birth of our eldest, who was then 2 months old. She is now 36 years old

Sith Happens
On 26/05/2018 at 15:23, Boycie said:

When was the last time you had a decent pint in the cricketers?

One of them pubs these days when you walk in everyone looks at you funny

Archived