Tom Huddlestone's influence

Poynton ram

I assume Frank will have been on the phone to Tom seeking his views before committing?

Presumably know each other well, been in England squads together, both played for fashionable London clubs and no doubt mix socially and of a similar age.

Would Tom welcome the appointment?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TobyWanKenobi said:

Why Tom Huddlestone? Not Scott Carson? Not Darren Bent? Not Kevin Phillips?

Because Carson and Phillips have not played for fashionable London clubs. However, Bent did for a while so I should imagine Lampard will have sought guidance from him too.

13 hours ago, Poynton ram said:

I assume Frank will have been on the phone to Tom seeking his views before committing?

Presumably know each other well, been in England squads together, both played for fashionable London clubs and no doubt mix socially and of a similar age.

Would Tom welcome the appointment?

This Lampard saga is getting more ridiculous by the minute. It's pure media speculation and not inconceivable that the Bookies  odds may have been influenced by a misleading leak from within the club. Since there has been no mention of an approach to another club. My hunch tells me it's more likely to be someone like Mick McCarthey (available) or Daz Wassall (cheap).  

11 minutes ago, europia said:

This Lampard saga is getting more ridiculous by the minute. It's pure media speculation and not inconceivable that the Bookies  odds may have been influenced by a misleading leak from within the club. Since there has been no mention of an approach to another club. My hunch tells me it's more likely to be someone like Mick McCarthey (available) or Daz Wassall (cheap).  

It best not be Mick ! Anyone but Mick ! 

1 hour ago, europia said:

Well it isn’t media speculation...

On 26/05/2018 at 14:18, europia said:

'More likely'?? Have you seen the odds lampard's currently 1/20

2 hours ago, wixman1884 said:

'More likely'?? Have you seen the odds lampard's currently 1/20

At 1/20 its nailed on. Moyes was 1/7 when he was appointed Man U manager before betting suspended & everyone knew he was going there. Id say 1/20 is happening 

Archived