Backroom Staff Departures

DCFC1976

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

We only keep hold of Philips because his son is in the academy and is highly rated, so a dickie bird told me.

We will see how true that is if his lad follows him to stoke.

That's been said before about his son, you'd hope it was 2+2=5, but who knows.

Has anyone else gone to Stoke with Roger yet?

They’re still listed on the club website. I’d hope that derby dig their heels in and make life difficult for stoke and Rowett to take them. 

Even if they were put on gardening leave their wages aren’t exactly huge. 

12 minutes ago, tinman said:

They’re still listed on the club website. I’d hope that derby dig their heels in and make life difficult for stoke and Rowett to take them. 

Trouble with that is, they're cr3p let Rowett have them! ?

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

stick em on gardening leave until stoke cough up for their services or rowett hires other backroom yeam, then review if they are worth keeping on or letting go.

ah the Billy Davies defence, quite effective

1 hour ago, tinman said:

They'd all be entitled to have their contracts paid up if we sack them - far better to encourage Stoke to take them all for free....

Kevins Summerfield and Poole will surely be part of the overall package agreed between the clubs with compo paid. Don't think there's anything to see here. Phillips and Wassall obviously stay with us. If we think he's good, we might want Kevin Poole to stay, though I recall Carson crediting Pascal Zuberbühler for helping him improve.

2 hours ago, tinman said:

Not sure that would be our wisest move - a new manager will probably want to bring in at least 2 or 3 of his own staff. If those still at Derby holding those roles don't move out voluntarily then MM will have to use some of the £1.8m compensation he received for releasing Rowett to pay them off. Best let them go.

Archived