Lampard too expensive?

Topram

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Explains how Clement got us second, but who was the player fluent in gibberish.....?

Didn't need one, most of our opponents were asleep by the time we scored.

If only we’d kept Will could have been my stock answer to every question posed on this forum for the last 12 months, tbh.

6 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Fair point 

it's just now though we're paying for some of his reckless spending

12-13m on Blackman, Johnson and Butterfield

lets just think about that for a second..... I'm crying literally crying 

Maybe, but everyone was a little to blame for those silly fees, including sam Rush with the fiduciary scandal and Mel Morris advertising he was ready to spend a lot of money. I still don’t think , to this day, that Johnson was a Clement signing as Johnson is a type of player who completely goes against Clement’s idea of playing. I think he was more so a board signing(although I have no proof) because the opportunity to sign the player of the season at the previous year’s play off winners was too big of an opportunity to pass and to make a statement.

But that’s for another debate. I think it’s fair to suggest that Clement was sacked for non footballing reasons. 

Back on topic I don’t think succeeding managers(Lampard) should suffer and brandished due to other managers not succeeding in their roles

35 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

A lot of people are saying Lampard is intelligent. Based on what? Punditry? There's a reason pundits are ten a penny - talking about football is easy.

Lampard was tested by Mensa. Huge IQ. Very likely much higher than yours or mine

51 minutes ago, Saity said:

Lampard is now 11/10 favourite.

......please No!!! ....a rookie cutting his teeth making errors ,learning the ropes etc etc not knowing the championship and we don't have a clue as to what style of footy we'll see.....NO!!! Please NO!!! I just don't get how he is a viable candidate...He's never managed and surely we need someone with some experience.......

Live a little... Sometimes you just have to leap ?

Excited yet?

5 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Great player lampard but precisely zero experience as a manager and  as we know,being a great player does not make you a great manager or even a good one.

So what's the attraction?....surely not just his name,it means nothing other than possibly having some contacts in the game.

Never mind the flash,let's get a young manager in who knows the ropes and has been bloodied as a coach.

Smith seems to be the stand out candidate in that regard.

Rowett has turned half the fans off with his football and the other half off with his pissing off to stoke ,,, be honest wouldn’t you just like a bit of excitement round the club to lift us ? I know I would ,on top of lots of positives I’ve listed elsewhere to support appointing him ,,, bring him in and if it don’t work then go for smith ,,,, there’s a growing buzz around this possible lampard appointment that’s been lacking at our club since Mac 1 started to show what clough s team could do if unshackled and coached better ,,, I say **** it let’s harness that buzz and see where it takes us 

I wasn't aware Lampard is a genius. Largely because I don't follow Chelsea and don't really give a **** about a lot of players who don't play for Derby County.

Maybe his ability to speak Latin will help at some point in the season. Maybe if we want to sign an ancient Roman, for example.

Just now, LittleEatonRam said:

I wasn't aware Lampard is a genius. Largely because I don't follow Chelsea and don't really give a **** about a lot of players who don't play for Derby County.

Maybe his ability to speak Latin will help at some point in the season. Maybe if we want to sign an ancient Roman, for example.

Yes!!! Totti's coming as well?!?!?! ?

1 minute ago, LittleEatonRam said:

We won’t sign anyone that old. Gary’s gone. He’s digging up Stanley Matthews as we speak!

4 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

The only ancient Roman I'm aware of is Mr Abramovich and he's not allowed back in the country at the moment. There is the connection with Lampard mind you.

The way I see Lampard's personal intellect having an impact on us is simple. He's not thick so he's not going to jump in to any job for the sake of it. Take the wrong job and his managerial career could be damaged irreparably before it's even started. Pundits were saying Gerrard was wise for avoiding the minefield of the Championship for his very first job, but at least it would show bravery both on our part and Frank's.

If Lampard does indeed come here then it means the conditions are right, i.e, we'll be setting up in a way that will give him the best possible opportunity to succeed here. Lampard would need this spell to be a success more than we necessarily would, so his appointment would excite me not only for the unknown element, but also the fact that our behind the scenes set-up was good enough to attract him to the job.

2 minutes ago, Saity said:

I'll get behind him archied no problem...i'm very vocal lol. ..just worried i suppose 

I know what you mean?,,, I just really hope it’s him ,, I believe we need a real lift and buzz at the club right now even if it don’t work out and we have to go down the merry go round route later 

55 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

A lot of people are saying Lampard is intelligent. Based on what? Punditry? There's a reason pundits are ten a penny - talking about football is easy.

He got 7 A grades at GCSE. Passed A Levels.

Has written books.

Doesn't make him a great manager but suggests intelligence.

Archived