Lampard too expensive?

Topram

Just now, McLovin said:

Yeah that’s true. He has links at Chelsea, West Ham, Man Utd and Man City. I’m started to become very excited but will inevitably be let down

I will get behind any manager to be honest , im still really pleased its not Rowettball next season and even Lampard can't set us up to be so scared of the opposition.......

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I would say Lampard would only come to derby if he had money to spend, especially if his uncle Arry is in the background wheeling and dealing.

If Lamps does come in I will be excited, no way he would risk damaging his reputation in his first job.

Like clement ? 

Just to say on the IQ front, it's a very limited measure of intelligence.

It  also probably has very little bearing on who is a good football manager or not - provided they've got general intelligence to deal with things, 130 guy with no people skills isn't going to be better than a 115 guy with a bit of nouse and drive.

11 minutes ago, DRS94 said:

I think it would be a good appointment. It will raise the profile of the club in the media, especially on sky.With Mourinho in work at United and his Chelsea past I think we could get some decent loans in, he has links at West Ham also and with Pelegrini (who he played under at Man City) in charge I think we could get some decent players in from there if he ends up having a clear out. Lamps could pull us together on a tighter budget I’m actually quite exited 

Clement had links too u know ? 

I dont want a manager that is cutting his teeth for the first time going into what is quite possible a real train wreck of a scenario such As ours 

tbis sort of job needs like we had before post lots of careless spending a Jim smith type with experience and know how 

36 minutes ago, Saity said:

Lampard is now 11/10 favourite.

......please No!!! ....a rookie cutting his teeth making errors ,learning the ropes etc etc not knowing the championship and we don't have a clue as to what style of footy we'll see.....NO!!! Please NO!!! I just don't get how he is a viable candidate...He's never managed and surely we need someone with some experience.......

Go on live a bit saity ,, 

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

Clement had links too u know ? 

I dont want a manager that is cutting his teeth for the first time going into what is quite possible a real train wreck of a scenario such As ours 

tbis sort of job needs like we had before post lots of careless spending a Jim smith type with experience and know how 

Clement who was sacked despite only being 5 points off second? If Lampard achieved something similar it would be a huge success.

Great player lampard but precisely zero experience as a manager and  as we know,being a great player does not make you a great manager or even a good one.

So what's the attraction?....surely not just his name,it means nothing other than possibly having some contacts in the game.

Never mind the flash,let's get a young manager in who knows the ropes and has been bloodied as a coach.

Smith seems to be the stand out candidate in that regard.

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Clement who was sacked despite only being 5 points off second? If Lampard achieved something similar it would be a huge success.

Fair point 

it's just now though we're paying for some of his reckless spending

12-13m on Blackman, Johnson and Butterfield

lets just think about that for a second..... I'm crying literally crying 

6 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

If only we’d kept Will.

He could shout instructions in Latin for the blond one to pass on, and the opponents wouldn’t have a clue.

Explains how Clement got us second, but who was the player fluent in gibberish.....?

Archived