Lampard too expensive?

Topram

9 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Lampard’s footballing IQ is a completely different level to all of them apart from Neville. Neville was never going to succeed at Valencia. A first job at a massive foreign club was a recipe for disaster. I think Gary neville would be a decent manager for a club but he doesn’t seem to want to get back into it

Neville's actually a very good pundit too. I think he's decided that that's where he sees his career, and fair play to him.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

A lot of people are saying Lampard is intelligent. Based on what? Punditry? There's a reason pundits are ten a penny - talking about football is easy.

Allegedly, his IQ qualifies him for MENSA membership. Very articulate too. Might not be ready for our particular hot seat though. 

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Balls to it. If Lampard comes in it might be a bit of a circus but at least it will be entertaining.

Exactly it’s turning into a joke that’s actually funny 

1 minute ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Lampard was educated at the fee-paying Brentwood School in Essex where he obtained 12 GCSEs – including an A in Latin – before turning professional at his first club West Ham.

But the test must be faulty?

The tests were conducted by Brian English, the Chelsea club doctor, as part of research into how head injuries can affect footballers' neurological development.

"John Terry was in the top three, but Frank Lampard scored one of the highest set of marks ever recorded by the company doing the tests, and higher than me," Dr English said.

7 minutes ago, Saity said:

Neville's football knowledge is fantastic and i always think he talks so well and really knows the game and is the best pundit on sky for me and yes you're right about Valencia and that was probably a poor example.

I still don't remember many really top english players being any good at managing 

Brian Clough!

18 minutes ago, Saity said:

Lampard is now 11/10 favourite.

......please No!!! ....a rookie cutting his teeth making errors ,learning the ropes etc etc not knowing the championship and we don't have a clue as to what style of footy we'll see.....NO!!! Please NO!!! I just don't get how he is a viable candidate...He's never managed and surely we need someone with some experience.......

Yeah like Pearson...

You don't get how he is a viable candidate because you know very little, if anything, about what he has been doing since retiring, and you was not involved in the interview process.

2 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

A lot of people are saying Lampard is intelligent. Based on what? Punditry? There's a reason pundits are ten a penny - talking about football is easy.

177 goals and 102 assists in the PL from central midfield? 10+ goals in the top flight for 10 consecutive seasons? Can't really argue against his footballing intelligence ?

The fact he's a decent pundit just reinforces the idea he can talk sense and might, therefore be a good communicator I think

8 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Probably based on the fact he went to a boarding school and got an A* in latin ?

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

But the test must be faulty?

But we want a tactician and mentor and an inspirational football manager who can wheel and deal not a doctor of physics!! 

I think it would be a good appointment. It will raise the profile of the club in the media, especially on sky.With Mourinho in work at United and his Chelsea past I think we could get some decent loans in, he has links at West Ham also and with Pelegrini (who he played under at Man City) in charge I think we could get some decent players in from there if he ends up having a clear out. Lamps could pull us together on a tighter budget I’m actually quite exited 

Just now, Saity said:

But we want a tactician and mentor and an inspirational football manager who can wheel and deal not a doctor of physics!! 

It was a joke about John Terry being in the top 3 IQ tested at Chelsea. FFS you'd never guess that but then IQ isn't everything. ?

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yeah like Pearson...

You don't get how he is a viable candidate because you know very little, if anything, about what he has been doing since retiring, and you was not involved in the interview process.

True but nor do  you ??? but Mel is.....and hasn't chosen too well so far has he ????

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Where else is Lampard gonna start his career? What better club than the Rams?!

I was just typing something along the same line, everyone has to start somewhere so for me he has to be more appealing than Mick bloody McCarthy or Alan effin Pardew...just no !

Archived