Lampard too expensive?

Topram

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lampard is now 11/10 favourite.

......please No!!! ....a rookie cutting his teeth making errors ,learning the ropes etc etc not knowing the championship and we don't have a clue as to what style of footy we'll see.....NO!!! Please NO!!! I just don't get how he is a viable candidate...He's never managed and surely we need someone with some experience.......

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I would say Lampard would only come to derby if he had money to spend, especially if his uncle Arry is in the background wheeling and dealing.

If Lamps does come in I will be excited, no way he would risk damaging his reputation in his first job.

A lot of English players don't make good managers though....Shearer,Adams,Pearce,Robson,Neville to name a few

Just now, Saity said:

A lot of English players don't make good managers though....Shearer,Adams,Pearce,Robson,Neville to name a few

Lampard’s footballing IQ is a completely different level to all of them apart from Neville. Neville was never going to succeed at Valencia. A first job at a massive foreign club was a recipe for disaster. I think Gary neville would be a decent manager for a club but he doesn’t seem to want to get back into it

Would be delighted if Lampard did come in mind. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea. We haven’t got that much money for the time being, so his links with big clubs and managers will really help in terms of incoming loans. He’s always seemed like an intelligent bloke and will no doubt play a decent style of football, with fresh ideas not hindered by previous jobs. He’s likely to bring a good coaching team too, and tbf having Redknapp around advising will help him settle into the role. Best option for me as far as I can see it, tho Dean Smith is also a shout.

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Lampard’s footballing IQ is a completely different level to all of them apart from Neville. Neville was never going to succeed at Valencia. A first job at a massive foreign club was a recipe for disaster. I think Gary neville would be a decent manager for a club but he doesn’t seem to want to get back into it

Neville's football knowledge is fantastic and i always think he talks so well and really knows the game and is the best pundit on sky for me and yes you're right about Valencia and that was probably a poor example.

I still don't remember many really top english players being any good at managing 

2 minutes ago, Saity said:

Neville's football knowledge is fantastic and i always think he talks so well and really knows the game and is the best pundit on sky for me and yes you're right about Valencia and that was probably a poor example.

I still don't remember many really top english players being any good

Because to put it bluntly and harshly, they weren’t the most intelligent, despite being very good players. Listening to the likes of Tim sherwood, Shearer, John barnes, Brian Robson and Paul Ince speak now, I’m not surprised that they failed as managers with the amount of garbage that comes out of their mouths.

1 minute ago, Saity said:

I still don't remember many really top english players being any good

Joe royle wasn’t too bad. Alan ball had a couple of ok-ish seasons.

but most have been dreadful......

clarkeram7

It's all the links you get with a worldwide superstar like Lampard. Obviously he's got the connection with Chelsea but through Redknapp and all his England connections you'd imagine he'd attract the right calibre of player. 

12 minutes ago, Saity said:

Lampard is now 11/10 favourite.

......please No!!! ....a rookie cutting his teeth making errors ,learning the ropes etc etc not knowing the championship and we don't have a clue as to what style of footy we'll see.....NO!!! Please NO!!! I just don't get how he is a viable candidate...He's never managed and surely we need someone with some experience.......

Totally agree. Un-proven at any level. If he is appointed I can't see him being too expensive as he has not proved anything as a manager.  Also if he does come in I really hope he proves my doubts wrong or he will be gone by Christmas and our merry go round will churn on

Archived