Elsnik

Waffle

Watching Swindon earlier this season with Elsnik as their focal point. I would love to see us invest in him to step up. I believe he is more than capable to be the lynch pin of our midfield next season and I am genuinely excited with the prospect of him, Guy and Bogle being introduced to the team.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, jono said:

Really want him to play soon as possible. Got a touch, not afraid.

if we started a match with Elsnik and Hanson against any mid table side I’d be cheering 

Why Hanson? Elsnik has shown he's got something. Hanson just looks like a bit of a clogger. 

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why Hanson? Elsnik has shown he's got something. Hanson just looks like a bit of a clogger. 

Not sure Roy, I just have a sense that given a run he might show something. He can tackle. He has a turn of speed and can pass reasonably well. It’s true at times he disappears a bit, as if the game passes him by and he doesn’t always make the best decisions but he’s tidy. I also have a (maybe rose tinted) memory when he stepped into the DM role due to George and Mascarell being injured and he had a particularly good game. 

1 minute ago, jono said:

Not sure Roy, I just have a sense that given a run he might show something. He can tackle. He has a turn of speed and can pass reasonably well. It’s true at times he disappears a bit, as if the game passes him by and he doesn’t always make the best decisions but he’s tidy. I also have a (maybe rose tinted) memory when he stepped into the DM role due to George and Mascarell being injured and he had a particularly good game. 

Just not impressed with the latest glimpses under Rowett and the 23s - fair amount of late clattering of opponents, not too much else. Would rather Guy or Vernon, I think.

To me he reminds me of a mix of both Hendrick & Hughes, he has the physicality and powerful running of a Hebdrick but also a quality touch and pass with his left foot like Hughes. Similar style of player to a Tom Cairney the way he moves around the pitch.

I hoped he would've around the first team the season just gone so realky hoping he is in and amongst it next season.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Just not impressed with the latest glimpses under Rowett and the 23s - fair amount of late clattering of opponents, not too much else. Would rather Guy or Vernon, I think.

I can’t really comment as I haven’t seen enough of the other two on the pitch. Do you go to a lot of under 23 games ? I think I need to go and have a look.

Just now, jono said:

I can’t really comment as I haven’t seen enough of the other two on the pitch. Do you go to a lot of under 23 games ? I think I need to go and have a look.

Don't need to go, thanks to Mel they're nearly all shown live on RamsTV plus some U18s (I think I saw at least one last season).

28 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Surprised to see you join this thread by moaning about someone. Who are you gonna moan about all the time now? Hanson could be a good shout. Young and inexperienced, let's destroy the ****!

Just now, ariotofmyown said:

Surprised to see you join this thread by moaning about someone. Who are you gonna moan about all the time now? Hanson could be a good shout. Young and inexperienced, let's destroy the ****!

Done the reply for you too: "Forums are all about debate. People are allowed different opinions you know"

5 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Oh get off my back, coming all high and mighty! I gave an opinion about a player. You upset about how right I was about Rowett are you. ?

Like any young player, we won't know with Elsnik until he has the opportunity to start a few games at Championship level. Based on his under-23 performances and his impact at Swindon prior to the change of manager, it seems he is ready to be given a chance. But you could say the same about Callum Guy. 

Most of us want to see youngsters given a chance, but often it's about being the right place at the right time. Hughes and Hendrick were blooded at a time when we were struggling and very short of money. Would they have been given the same chances if Johnson, Thorne, Huddlestone, Ledley and Butterfield were all at the club at the time?

16 hours ago, Waffle said:

Watching Swindon earlier this season with Elsnik as their focal point. I would love to see us invest in him to step up. I believe he is more than capable to be the lynch pin of our midfield next season and I am genuinely excited with the prospect of him, Guy and Bogle being introduced to the team.

Welcome aboard.

Archived