Rowett’s interest a potential blessing?

cannable

I mentioned it in a few threads but is it necessarily a disaster if Two Shots came in for Carson, Davies and Vydra? 

They’re our most saleable assets coming off the back of immense seasons BUT if we were to appoint a ‘footballing’ manager I don’t think any of them, bar possibly Davies, would really fit. 

Meanwhile other players currently labelled deadwood have shown in the past that they can function in a footballing side. 

In theory we’d be getting more out of our less coveted players whilst receiving a wedge for players who may not fit into a potential new system. 

Although if we went down the same route and sold them all I think it would be an absolute disaster ?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Kennington Ram said:

I'd want to keep Carson (still not past it in keeper terms) but if you could get Rowett to stump up £13m+ for Vydra and £2m+ for Davies you've probably solved this season's FFP challenge in one shot.

As much as I rate Carson he really struggles with passing it out. West Brom away gives me nightmares still.

Everyone should be for sale as long as we get a reasonable offer. If it is going to be a period of rebuilding I'd much rather have a younger team who's value and ability will increase rather than an old team who are better, but are on much larger wages and who's value is dropping. I absolutely love Davies and think he's an ideal player to have for youngsters to learn from, but if Gary wants to pay over the odds for him feel free

1 minute ago, Kennington Ram said:

Maybe, I just can't really figure out who we that's an improvement at this level without paying silly money.

Indeed.

I'd much rather Rowett took the immovable object that is Hudds!

I don’t think he’ll come in for Vydra, based on body language alone I think their relationship had pretty much broken down by the end. Just little stuff like when Vydra was subbed there’d be absolutely zero acknowledgement from either. Probably a case of both being professional enough to know it wasn’t in their interests to make a song and dance of it.

I’d not be bothered if either of the others went really. Both very good and I love them both but I’d not care if any of our players went I don’t think. Carson is brilliant but we really should be getting big money for him if we sold and it would be a good opportunity to do so. Davies is brilliant obviously and I’d be the most opposed to him leaving but again, big earner and we could milk that ******** for plenty of cash I’d imagine. After all, he’s gone there because they’re oh so ambitious.

Davies is worth more to us than what we could get for him, same goes for Carson, so unless stupid money is offered or the player wants out then there's no point selling them.

Anywhere near £15m for Vydra and we should take it. 

5 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Davies is worth more to us than what we could get for him, same goes for Carson, so unless stupid money is offered or the player wants out then there's no point selling them.

Agreed. There is no way we could buy a defender as good as Davies for the money we would get for him.

I wouldn't want to see Curtis and Carson go....but only hope that if that's the way it is, we don't take the same approach on the cash terms as we did when Will and Ince left for a poor return.

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'd much rather Rowett took the immovable object that is Hudds!

The 'immovable object' should, in my opinion, play in the middle of a back three - with Wisdom and Forsyth either side.

May have to once Davies has been sold to Stoke for a set of warm up tops.

The one Derby player that would be first choice in any championship side is Carson. Really hope we keep him

All the others are a matter of personal opinion. I enjoy watching some of our players in purple patches but Scotty is the man. Best keeper since Poom .. easy.

1 hour ago, Ramarena said:

Yes - All of this

Davies is 33 now I think? Not gonna get much for him and his value around the club and on the pitch is worth £2m plus

Ditto Carson but maybe he's 32 and worth more like £5m cos keepers can go on forever

The big question ALWAYS is: How much would it cost to replace them?

A CB of Davies quality? £5m at least - A GK of Carson's quality? How many even are there? £5m+

Archived