Curtis Davies

Cam the Ram

9 hours ago, Spanish said:

why does everyone seem to ignore that Curtis has almost certainly a release clause in his contract given he had one before.  £500k and his gone unless we generate a bidding war that we failed to achieve for Will

who actually says Curtis wants to go?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Spanish said:

why does everyone seem to ignore that Curtis has almost certainly a release clause in his contract given he had one before.  £500k and his gone unless we generate a bidding war that we failed to achieve for Will

The 500k release clause was a relegation release clause which was activated as he was relegated that season with Hull. I personally doubt we would sign him for 500k and put a release clause of the same figure in his contract

9 hours ago, rustylee said:

The 500k release clause was a relegation release clause which was activated as he was relegated that season with Hull. I personally doubt we would sign him for 500k and put a release clause of the same figure in his contract

21 hours ago, Carnero said:

The Hull clause was a relegation release clause. No reason to think he'd have a release clause when signing for a championship club on a 2 year contract as a 32 year old.

21 hours ago, Spanish said:

ok that's interesting, thanks

quite a good idea though for someone at the end of their careers who wants to continue playing. Most will end up benching warming unless they can manufacture a move at a small price.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/05/2018 at 13:22, cheron85 said:

Replacing the quality of Davies would cost more than £5m - Never mind Carson

We'd have to spend £10m+ to replace them so that should be the going rate

I'd like to think we can blend a few players in for the price of deadwood and go for promotion this year - get ourselves up and deal with everything else later.

The reality is though, with the age of our squad, I think maybe we need to take a step back to move forward - bring in a centre half who will be better than Davies by next season, and someone who can keep going at the end of this season.

I would say that getting a decent keeper under whatever circumstances isn't easy.  Joe Hart on loan wouldn't totally shock me though.

1 hour ago, Rample said:

I'd like to think we can blend a few players in for the price of deadwood and go for promotion this year - get ourselves up and deal with everything else later.

The reality is though, with the age of our squad, I think maybe we need to take a step back to move forward - bring in a centre half who will be better than Davies by next season, and someone who can keep going at the end of this season.

I would say that getting a decent keeper under whatever circumstances isn't easy.  Joe Hart on loan wouldn't totally shock me though.

I think our biggest problem last year was lack of depth in the attacking areas - If Lawrence or Weimann was having an off game we had pretty much no one else - A few possibly talented youth players and a solid wing back (Anya) who isn't creative enough for the final third 

If we lose Davies we've made a mistake - But I agree we should be looking for someone who can replace him over the next couple of years - For me we need to be thinking about the next 3-4 years in our signings - Which is why Terry is a mistake for me

Pearce is only 29 still which I didn't realise - Wonder whether that's why he's being so patient waiting for his chance? 

On 04/06/2018 at 13:30, cheron85 said:

Pearce is only 29 still which I didn't realise - Wonder whether that's why he's being so patient waiting for his chance? 

I really don't understand why he signed a new deal with us. At the time he signed it he was playing back up to Keogh and Davies.

At Reading he thought enough of himself to let his contract run down and leave.

He is someone who i think is still a very decent championship centre half - paired with a decent player and given a solid run he's more than capable of being part of a promotion chasing team, or being a key player for someone a bit further down.

Have to assume we're paying him well to warm the bench or he was made assurances at the time about someone like Keogh being moved on or getting more opportunities. Seems a solid pro, doesn't moan when left out and does a job when we call on him.

I hope Curtis stays, because I judge the players worth on what they did for us last season, and he was awesome, by far our most consistent player, and he was a bargain at 500.000 pound, the best player Gary bought for us, also he will be a excellent captain and leader for us next season, really hope he stays, but what ever Frank does I will support 100 percent, can not wait for Notts County away on the 14th of July.

On 06/06/2018 at 16:12, 86 points said:

Storm in a teacup. There's no firm indication that Curtis is being sold, so why are folk fretting? 

Because we need to fret over this kind of stuff for the sake of the forum. 

Yesterday there was a thread about a bag of cement that has the same name as a former sponser. Then there was a thread about how Chris Martin has the same name as the Coldplay singer.

Is that what you want? 

IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT?!

Forgive me Mr Parsnip. I'd not contemplated the void created by a fretting-free zone and am grateful for you pointing out my grave error of judgement. Clearly bags of cement are no basis for conversation on this most erudite of forums save for when discussing Clod's first touch.

As for Coldplay.....

*shudder

On 06/06/2018 at 10:47, Jimbo Ram said:

Why sell Davies? Best Centre Half in the division...he is one of the few we must keep.....

He's not the best centre half in the league , I've said before Keogh was better than him up untill February , he's good , I'm not slating him , but best in the league ? 

Archived