Curtis Davies

Cam the Ram

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

£5 million and he’s yours although that means stoke get promoted 

worryingly Rowett will know the release clause of everyone we have if they have them 

i agree 5m is a fair offer ir even 4m+ grant 

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

I think we will need more than 1 club interested so there is competition to get that sort of figure

or you just dont sell them both if your selling vydra and just got 2m ish of rowett and who ever else they get rid off surely the 2 most valuable to us is carson and davies even more then vydra!

11 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

Not unless its 3mil plus and he's been replaced by Scott McKenna and/or John Souttar first!

Scott is the better player by some distance , but still raw. Stick him next to Davis for a season and he will learn loads, stick him next to Keogh and he'd struggle. 

Davies, Vydra and Carson were our top 3 performers last season. I don't think Davies or Vydra are replaceable at this level. 

Curtis leads from the back and is a bloody solid defender. He's also pretty good on the ball. I can only see one negative in his age, but I'd much rather have him than the cash in the bank, because we can't get a good replacement for the amount of money we will get for him. Absolutely outstanding defender, Rowett can kindly **** off.

5 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Scott is the better player by some distance , but still raw. Stick him next to Davis for a season and he will learn loads, stick him next to Keogh and he'd struggle. 

True.

Feels like a free for all at the mo, id still be gutted to see Curtis go, even if its for silly money!

27 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Davies, Vydra and Carson were our top 3 performers last season. I don't think Davies or Vydra are replaceable at this level. 

Curtis leads from the back and is a bloody solid defender. He's also pretty good on the ball. I can only see one negative in his age, but I'd much rather have him than the cash in the bank, because we can't get a good replacement for the amount of money we will get for him. Absolutely outstanding defender, Rowett can kindly **** off.

We've had some good strikers recently. Vydra is another. Been ages since we've had a top class keeper or centre back though. No sleight against Keogh, Curtis is just different class.

I wouldn't be against Davies going in all honesty, not that I don't rate him - I do. I just think that he's got a year on his deal and we could get some decent money for him. I wouldn't personally offer him a new deal either after this season.

He'll be on a couple of million a year, at least, too.

59 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

True.

Feels like a free for all at the mo, id still be gutted to see Curtis go, even if its for silly money!

Yeah, agree with you. He was a standout last season. He'd be great for young defender to learn from, id like to think there's someone in the u23's but Im not close enough to know. 

if Davies goes, given his age I'd want £5m. Dunno if we'd get it. Doubt it.

I'd sooner keep him, make him captain and crack on, but if he wants the move fine.

Players come and players go. 

To be fair, we are basing all of these rumoured moves to Stoke on the idea that the players see Rowett as a manager to move for.  Vydra may very well think that he is, given he refound his scoring touch under him, but no real reason for Carson or Davies to think that way IMO.

Archived