Derby County have already interviewed candidates about the vacant manager's position

Rample

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I’d be interested to find out who Lampard’s backroom staff might be...imagine if he brought John Terry in as his number 2  icon_yikes.sml.gif

I think most on here would agree that John Terry is a number 2!

3 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I’d be interested to find out who Lampard’s backroom staff might be...imagine if he brought John Terry in as his number 2  icon_yikes.sml.gif

At least we know he wouldn't be able to bring in Stevie G as assistant. Everyone knows those two can't work together.

2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

To be fair I'm starting to put less and less value on experience the more I follow football - all the "experienced" managers available just seem to get job after job after failing repeatedly.

We do know that Lampard is intelligent (regularly talked about whenever he was interviewed), and that he's worked with some of the best coaches and managers while playing with some of the best players. You can't be sure that any of that translates but its not a complete write-off of an option.

What it will come down to is motivational qualities and things of that nature, stuff that we onlooking fans cannot begin to judge anyone's ability in. Whoever seems the best in these departments will get through the interviews ahead. 

Everyone involved in football can talk tactics.

Could not agree more with this. 

Sick and tired of seeing the likes of Pardew, Allardyce, McCarthy, Hughes be linked to jobs and continue to get them.

yeah Lampard has no experience. Pardew does. I know who id choose.

8 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Also regarding Lampard he was in talks with Ipswich about the job there, as soon as Rowett went the talks dropped through and he is now back on the market. Coincidence? Maybe.

According to Talksport earlier talks broke down as Ipswich and Lampard were miles apart on the salary 

Lampard is a risk.  A high profile one who could bring a lot of positive things perhaps, but he still has zero coaching experience.  

Dean Smith is the standout candidate for me. Has youth, experience at Championship level, is adept at managing with a limited budget and his teams seem to play good football.

7 minutes ago, iolanthe said:

According to Talksport earlier talks broke down as Ipswich and Lampard were miles apart on the salary 

Interesting.

He's a very wealthy man, you'd have thought he wouldn't be too concerned over his salary if he was desperate to get started on his managerial career. 

That's if this version of events is true!

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

Surely Smith to Derby and Lampard to Brentford is more likely, with him being Landan frew and frew and his Landan based wife being "Up The Duff".

She owt ta come up here and get sum fresh air in't lungs. 

2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Interesting.

He's a very wealthy man, you'd have thought he wouldn't be too concerned over his salary if he was desperate to get started on his managerial career. 

That's if this version of events is true!

Nicko being vague again! ?

I said over a year ago we were a club in turmoil, I got some stick for it, and finally posted a dictionary definition,  we still are that club, in so many ways, lots has been said about this manager and that, but I hope Mel takes a good long look and think about getting us out of the turmoil, he needs to define what he meant by that now infamous statement of The Derby way and decide what it is once and for all,after all it is his club and money, and appoint someone that sees it the same way. Our playing style has swung this way and that and our best players sold or loaned out for what seemed like madness money or logic.

I made no secret of the fact i was on the fence about Rowett, but i'm hoping Mel has taken time and evaluated since he maybe realised that Rowett was off, and I hope whoever he appoints will be a success, as I feel we have one of the most committed and fantastic fan Base which has seen lots of frustration over the last few years, and I believe they just need a 'message' and a manager to get behind and support.

I for one would support someone who brought youth forward, bit the bullet and the associated flack from the die hards with getting rid of some established veterans, and took small steps, but forward and in the right direction....

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

As I said earlier, Derby are a mere stepping stone for every manager. 

There are enough clubs more attractive to us that there's often an opportunity that's tempting, and any success with us is attractive to other clubs because of what a difficult job its perceived to be from the outside. 

It will take an awful lot of success for us to genuinely be considered a "home" by managers. 

This was McLaren's "home" and look how we treated him.

18 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

After thinking about this, I would love to see Derby go for Alex Neil from Preston or Paul Simpson. That would be my ideal candidates, but I doubt that is the same thinking that Mel will have regarding this.

Never boring being a Derby fan.

TBF it was pretty boring for many of Rowett's matches. 

54 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I can't believe fans are happy bringing someone with no management experience at all in to sort this mess out and no money to spend....

What is 'this mess' that needs sorting out? Just curious in case I have missed something.

Archived