Derby County have already interviewed candidates about the vacant manager's position

Rample

47 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Laughable tweet from him. We’re interviewing for the managers position. Lampard and Smith are favourites (cheers, you looked at the bookies websites). Cheers Alan

Why laughable ?- we have 2 feeding frenzies on this forum at the moment. One is that Gary Rowett is suddenly the devil incarnate whilst Frank Lampard could be the next messiah. Nixon’s tweet might at least remind us that this not a done deal. I suspect that Gary Rowett might have been daft enough to read these forums this last few months and taken them to represent the views of the majority of Rams’ supporters. As far as I am concerned, they do not. Bandwagons are being jumped on here.

For the record, I am disappointed with Gary Rowett but we move on - this is the world of football management. Lampard wouldn’t be my choice- I would prefer someone with experience but it might work. If we can’t have both success and style then give me results over style- we need to be in the Prem.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

Why laughable ?- we have 2 feeding frenzies on this forum at the moment. One is that Gary Rowett is suddenly the devil incarnate whilst Frank Lampard could be the next messiah. Nixon’s tweet might at least remind us that this not a done deal. I suspect that Gary Rowett might have been daft enough to read these forums this last few months and taken them to represent the views of the majority of Rams’ supporters. As far as I am concerned, they do not. Bandwagons are being jumped on here.

For the record, I am disappointed with Gary Rowett but we move on - this is the world of football management. Lampard wouldn’t be my choice- I would prefer someone with experience but it might work. If we can’t have both success and style then give me results over style- we need to be in the Prem.

I agree that it does seem to be all or nothing at the moment, not much middle ground.

Rowett was an okay manager imho, not truly awful, but not good enough, however, if he was 'daft enough' to be reading boards like this and base his opinion on it (which I highly doubt) than I'm even more glad he's gone because that would be truly spineless. 

28 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

I suspect that Gary Rowett might have been daft enough to read these forums this last few months and taken them to represent the views of the majority of Rams’ supporters. As far as I am concerned, they do not. Bandwagons are being jumped on here.

Surely he wouldn't have been that daft?

You watch all the cry emoji's I get from the usual suspects now. They hunt in packs! ?

No idea if there is anything in this Lampard link, MackworthRam has already dismissed it, which usually means it's not happening. 

The Idea of it is comparable with the Clement appointment,  although Clement had lots of coaching experience. Frank has done a few weeks on hand coaching practice with Chelski to complete his UEFA B and UEFA A licences. Apparently Abrahamovich wants Frank back on the coaching staff at Chelski, so he will not be short of offers. 

At this time, it's a massive gamble if  Mel actually offers the job. 

Other less glamourous candidates, who have management experience and encourage a passing style are likely the best option. 

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

You started it...and continued it.

Here you go.

I'd prefer a snoring emoji in the "like" choice, but...

To be fair I have also given you and a few others a number of the other emoji's. You guy's though only ever use the cry emoji on my comments regardless of what I have said, which is a bit odd because it makes it look like you are not Derby County fans! It doesn't make a lot of sense to use it when I have said "Up the Rams" or something to that effect, which is what some of your gang have done ?

Anyway I'm not frightened by a few unrepresentative Derby fans and I'll continue to use the cry emoji every time one of you posts a negative, repetitive, especially repetitive, comment. ?

9 minutes ago, KCG said:

To be fair I have also given you and a few others a number of the other emoji's. You guy's though only ever use the cry emoji on my comments regardless of what I have said, which is a bit odd because it makes it look like you are not Derby County fans! It doesn't make a lot of sense to use it when I have said "Up the Rams" or something to that effect, which is what some of your gang have done ?

Anyway I'm not frightened by a few unrepresentative Derby fans and I'll continue to use the cry emoji every time one of you posts a negative, repetitive, especially repetitive, comment. ?

Try posting something other than useless pro rowett drivel and the emojis might change...I suppose you won't have a choice now though unless you are planning on visiting the potters forums.

And unrepresentative?......lol,clearly not.

Live by the sword fella.

1 hour ago, KCG said:

Just to be clear... if our gang, name still to be confirmed, gives you a crying emoji it makes us look like we aren't Derby fans on this Derby County message board?

Man, betrayed by an emoji. I feel upset. If there was an emoji to represent how I'm feeling right now it would be helpful

On 23/05/2018 at 13:08, Jimbo Ram said:

Of course we need permission from the club if we want to interview their Manager, what will happen if we want to offer them the job as a result? It seems pretty obvious that we haven't the money to pay compensation so will get one of those out of work to cut costs. None of them seem exciting at all and going for someone like Lampard with no experience would be just stupid. Worrying times me thinks....

Yes I agree with that. 

14 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

I had hoped for something better this time.

We don't know for definite who's coming yet. If Lampard comes I reckon he'll come as part of a 'package'. I'm finding it difficult to be patient but that's what we've got to be.

Archived