John Vicars retires from lead operations

David

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

We’re gonna have no one left at this rate! Need a new operations director too! Good luck to him mind, he always spoke well and seemed knowledgable whenever I’ve seen him.

Mel is going to be the manager, the tea lady, the operations manager and the chairman.

He can do it.

It's a sad fact of modern football that this saving will probably only save two weeks' of one player's salary.

Pleased that John wants to stay on as a non-executive director. Maybe puts to rest some people's opinions that Mel is impossible to work with!

(Probably posted this in wrong thread as I didn't see this but I suppose it is also relevant to the financial situation.)

I met John a few times and always found him approachable and honest.

tl;dr

Mr Vicars, who joined the club 11 years ago after a successful career as a senior police officer with Derbyshire Constabulary, will however remain on the club’s Board as a Non-Executive Director.

“Although John has decided that the time is right for him to retire from his operational management role, I am grateful he has agreed to remain on the Board as a Non-Executive Director. His experience, know-how and love for the football club will be a huge asset to us and I look forward to his continued contributions.”

It has always been my intention to retire at the end of the current season and I am now looking forward to having the opportunity to spend more time with my family and have the ability to pursue other interests whilst continuing to support the club as a member of the Board of Directors."

Archived