£10m FFP Bill

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

Also the Mail 

Lets not split hairs. 

We either believe the article or not but I was told the 3 Million figure the other day before I saw the article. 

It could be still untrue of course 

I'm not splitting hairs, he writes for the Telegraph. Find me a Daily Mail story of his.

Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 10.41.53.png

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Derbados said:

Surprised he hasn’t overhauled the academy staff along time ago. He’s pumped millions into the academy and we are producing absolutely naff all. 

Controversial moment, Forests academy is leaps and bounds above ours and they haven’t spent anything near what we have on ours. The set up is there, it’s the staff running it I question 

How d’you know though? Perhaps it’s a case that we’re producing gold and they’re not being given a chance? I think Worrall and Brereton are dog but they get game time which gets them in the limelight. 

Whereas ours are packed off on loan when I think a handful would swim rather than sink.

Would love to know where people are getting the idea our academy aren't producing anything..

If they aren't even getting an opportunity in the first team, how will we ever know?

Also, people commenting on Forest's academy producing much better talent than ours... who's to say a few of ours couldn't help us to avoiding relegation?

1 hour ago, TuffLuff said:

Spot on. Listening this morning on talksport to Steve Bruce, and Stuart Pearce

Bruce (in a point of the balance of his AV team) that you need to bleed young players through and be exposed to the experienced players. It’s a vital part of your squad.

Pearce (talking about either Cairney or Sessegnon) happy they aren’t going to the WC because the most important thing they need meaningful game time/experience to develop. Hopes they stay at Fulham another season and play rather than sitting in a prem teams bench.

It’s just vital, for your club identity and everything else.

Tom Cairney’s 27 and plays for Scotland 

It's Daily Mail nonsense written by a work experience clown who will only be a journalist for a comic. The impact wouldn't be felt anytime soon either. If you look at the below article the Newcastle wage bill the year they went up was £95 million! Up £30million from when they came down! 

And still there is no real talk of any sanction. It'll all disappear and it is just somebody filling column inches whilst there is a gap in football proceedings. The Newcastle article does make interesting and quite incredible reading. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/05/18/newcastle-united-brink-financial-catastrophe-promotion-back/

Fines are now at least theoretically possible for breaches in FFP. With the new 'Profit and Sustainability' rules, the punishments are set by an independent 'Fair Play Panel' and have the power to set any punishment they see fit including points deductions, fines or even direct relegation.

Until a breach has been identified and a panel decided on the sanction, the £10m bill thing can only be fanciful journalism though.

There's a really good thread on the Academy that was being discussed before all this manager business kicked off - some good points about how long it takes for investment to bear fruit - some of you might like to read it.

Well it's the daily mail so there will be a small element of truth in it and they will then have blown it up out of all proportion adding bits along the way.

As mentioned Fisher left last year yet has been added for "impact" tells you all you need to know about that rag!

11 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Fines are now at least theoretically possible for breaches in FFP. With the new 'Profit and Sustainability' rules, the punishments are set by an independent 'Fair Play Panel' and have the power to set any punishment they see fit including points deductions, fines or even direct relegation.

Until a breach has been identified and a panel decided on the sanction, the £10m bill thing can only be fanciful journalism though.

What about the 3 Million a month losses bit !

Was Pearce not making it clear we were not foul of FFP and neither would we be? I seem to remember that from the last cozy fans forum.

If it turns out we are this guy needs to be drummed out as well as Morris. (If they spun us more BS).

33 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

Would love to know where people are getting the idea our academy aren't producing anything..

If they aren't even getting an opportunity in the first team, how will we ever know?

Also, people commenting on Forest's academy producing much better talent than ours... who's to say a few of ours couldn't help us to avoiding relegation?

The academy isn't producing players because there are no academy products playing regularly for the first team (discounting Tom Huddlestone). Whether some youngsters would prove themselves if they were given the chance is academic. 

That's just the nature of the beast though, not a Derby County thing. When going all out for promotion to the richest league in the world the pressure for managers to succeed is ridiculous. No manager with a chairman demanding a promotion push in the Championship is going to risk throwing the kids in. Occasionally one comes through like Sessegnon who is clearly so good that he can't be left out, but generally, you'll find very few home grown youngsters playing in the top ten of the Championship.

As I say, we are no different at Derby. Nigel Clough had the advantage of being mid-table to blood Hughes, Hendrick and the others. Now we're actively going for promotion it's much harder for the manager. The difference is that we spend vast amounts on our academy and other Championship clubs don't.

Archived