£10m FFP Bill

19 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Do you believe everything you read in the Daily Mail - or just the sensationalist nonsense?

You will see. 

We are in deep do da 

Someone said MM having to put 3 Million in  a week or month to the club not sure which it was 

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

If I remember correctly QPR on play off day were in the red to the tune of £160m or something like that and were facing an FFP bill of approximately £50m originally.

Following an extended period and after much debate it was reduced to £8m (16%)

Lets hope we are afforded the same luxury and are allowed to pay the same 16% of monies claimed to be owed as QPR did.

Yes, £1.6m is still an awful lot of money but a better option to that being touted in the Daily Fail (if true)

The cheating ******** should have to pay every penny of that 50m fine. if you've been caught playing foul so should you lot

FFP is a load of ********. 

How can EFL put a self-imposed rule 'to help protect the longevity of clubs' then try and shake £10m out of us - despite not even receiving the benefits of going up? If they want to impose a transfer embargo, I can understand that. I just don't get how on earth they can stick us with a £10m fine - surely it's illegal? 

TobyWanKenobi
2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Don’t scoff mate all is not as well as you think. 

I don't think all is well, but I do know anyone who works for the Daily Mail is a ****! Don't give those nobs the clicks they want.

38 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

No, but my point is, there are no fines UNLESS you are promoted. We haven't been promoted, so If we break FFP, we get a transfer embargo instead. That's why I can't make any sense of this "£10m FFP bill" claim.

Fair enough, I thought I’d read that the rules have now changed and they aren’t limited to just a transfer embargo - could be wrong though. 

TobyWanKenobi
1 minute ago, curtains said:

Percy writes for them and he’s usually always right on DCFC 

'usually always' ?

26 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

That £3m a month loss figure just doesn't seem to have any basis in reality & analysis of the accounts, just like any other story that you would read in the Daily Mail

Fixed

There is no FFP fine without promotion.

I wouldn't be bothered about a transfer embargo for next season - we could do with a season of trimming the fat, trying to get the best out of what we have and introducing youth.

Come next summer, 12 seniors are out of contract and the rebuild can start.

BRING IT ON EFL, BRING IT ON!!!

Just now, Carnero said:

There is no FFP fine without promotion.

I wouldn't be bothered about a transfer embargo for next season - we could do with a season of trimming the fat, trying to get the best out of what we have and introducing youth.

Come next summer, 12 seniors are out of contract and the rebuild can start.

BRING IT ON EFL, BRING IT ON!!!

Mate MM is said to be putting 3 Million in a month as the article states. 

35 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

That £3m a month loss figure just doesn't seem to have any basis in reality & analysis of the accounts

100% this. I recall 35m being quoted as the wage bill and that’s by far the biggest chunk of costs. 

Thats about 3m per month.

so we have virtually zero revenue do we, if all that falls into losses.

i call cobblers!

30 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

Absolute rubbish, the academy has paid for itself from the sale of just two players alone. The foundations are now in place for this to produce more and more. 

People really shouldn’t comment on something they know very little about. 

Hughes and Hendrick came through before we expanded the academy.

We aren't producing more and more, we are spending more to produce less.

People really shouldn't comment on things they know very, very little about.

4 minutes ago, David said:

Percy writes for the Telegraph

Also the Mail 

Lets not split hairs. 

We either believe the article or not but I was told the 3 Million figure the other day before I saw the article. 

It could be still untrue of course 

Archived