£10m FFP Bill

6 minutes ago, curtains said:

I’m willing to wait and see. 

Hanson and Bennett have had chances though mate. 

Not sure about Roos and Mitchell either if Carson goes or gets injured 

Are we counting them as the current under 23 squad though, they wouldn’t even play if we had all the loanee’s back I doubt.

Theyre in the middle ground, with the older players who don’t get a game.  Must be a bad place to be, not getting a game and too old for the U23’s

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, curtains said:

I’m willing to wait and see. 

Hanson and Bennett have had chances though mate. 

Not sure about Roos and Mitchell either if Carson goes or gets injured 

Yeah but elsnick, bogle and Thomas are different gravy to Hanson and Bennett, neither of which are good enough.

15 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Are we counting them as the current under 23 squad though, they wouldn’t even play if we had all the loanee’s back I doubt.

Theyre in the middle ground, with the older players who don’t get a game.  Must be a bad place to be, not getting a game and too old for the U23’s

Good point .

Bird seems a good prospect and Elsnik and Thomas.

I am contradicting myself I suppose really .

I think what I’m saying is it’s a massive leap from U23s to Championship and that is the conundrum Frank and Jody have .

I want us rightly or wrongly to be going for top 6 

Sink or swim is a harsh scenario for some of the younger players. 

My idea is the younger players are introduced slowly and helped along by the senior players and are able to develop that way  .

Frank surely needs a budget though to work in the transfer market and be able to wheel and deal  .

Cost cutting can only go so far IMO 

10 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Yeah but elsnick, bogle and Thomas are different gravy to Hanson and Bennett, neither of which are good enough.

Max Bird as well but as I say is it too early just yet. 

Maybe im wrong I’ll wait and see. 

Shane Nickleson commented on his first appearance as a young 16 year old on the recent ramstv feature.

He wanted to prove himself, pit himself against fully grown men, show them his got what it takes, it drove him forward.

I imagine it’s scary for the youngsters, but a good coach will see who’s ready if they let the youngsters train with the first team.

Jody Morris is that man I feel.

I’m looking forward to next season. FFP £10 million or not.

At the end if the day if Frank can get three players who become worth £10 million more than we paid for them then the FFP is no problem is it? I fully expect Frank and Jodie to know a good player when they see one. We all claim to know that. 

3 hours ago, Boycie said:

Shane Nickleson commented on his first appearance as a young 16 year old on the recent ramstv feature.

He wanted to prove himself, pit himself against fully grown men, show them his got what it takes, it drove him forward.

I imagine it’s scary for the youngsters, but a good coach will see who’s ready if they let the youngsters train with the first team.

Jody Morris is that man I feel.

I’m looking forward to next season. FFP £10 million or not.

They are young aren’t they? ?

I used to know Nico back then. Some boy like. He’s lived a life and then some.

But seems a top boy these days and I’m really pleased for him. Great RamsTV IV too.

On 15/06/2018 at 15:27, ramblur said:

As a result of something that's happened on here, I'm now going to log off for one last time, and simply let my membership run out to 9am on Tuesday, whereupon my membership will be permanently cancelled. Unfortunately, this means that I won't be able to reply to any quotes, mentions or PMs. Goodbye all.

come on own up. Whos upset him now?

I have noticed that whatever opinion I hold, someone will disagree with It. Taking the opposite view has a similar effect. So - I tend to hang onto my opinion until a more convincing view changes my opinion which has the effect of unearthing a different set of people who do not agree with my view. This is normal and the way that it will always be. Enjoy! 

Archived