£10m FFP Bill

4 hours ago, Boycie said:

Some might say you like the attention, not me though.

Don’t a lot on here though, you seem to have come along to provoke a reaction, don’t think you have contributed to the thread, aren’t you doing the same?

Having said that, I don’t thing there is anything wrong with it, you seem to be able to dish it out and take it without throwing you toys out the pram and abusing your Mod position.  

We should have a purge day, anything goes, which reminds me I do think one of you missed a trick with next Tuesday being D-Day.

Anyhow, that’s about all I can contribute to this thread, I’m not that interested in the accounts and couldn’t really comment either way, Ramblur sounds intelligent enough, and although I find his posts interesting the World Cup has now started and I’m more interested in on the pitch activity...good luck though with your health for the future.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Don’t a lot on here though, you seem to have come along to provoke a reaction, don’t think you have contributed to the thread, aren’t you doing the same?

Having said that, I don’t thing there is anything wrong with it, you seem to be able to dish it out and take it without throwing you toys out the pram and abusing your Mod position.  

We should have a purge day, anything goes, which reminds me I do think one of you missed a trick with next Tuesday being D-Day.

Anyhow, that’s about all I can contribute to this thread, I’m not that interested in the accounts and couldn’t really comment either way, Ramblur sounds intelligent enough, and although I find his posts interesting the World Cup has now started and I’m more interested in on the pitch activity...good luck though with your health for the future.

Thanks for that, and all the best. I've tried to provide a service over the years to any who might be interested/ mildly interested in the accounts. I've gained a lot from the forum, and this was just my way of trying to put something back. I've not thrown any toys out of the pram ( and I know you didn't suggest it), merely grown tired of doing time consuming things all the time.

Thanks for all your postings Ramblur. I have enjoyed learning more about the financial situation at the football club. You should retire from your post as the Forum accountant and just stay on and post drivel like the rest of us. Anyway all the best mate, you should make a return as Ramblur 2 like Stcheeeeve.

46 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Thanks for all your postings Ramblur. I have enjoyed learning more about the financial situation at the football club. You should retire from your post as the Forum accountant and just stay on and post drivel like the rest of us. Anyway all the best mate, you should make a return as Ramblur 2 like Stcheeeeve.

It's a lot easier to post drivel than financial stuff, mate. Believe me, I know cos I've done it?

The problem is, if more rogue articles came up I'd feel obliged/ obligated/ impelled to try and reassure others. I know myself very well, and I simply have to help myself by exiting. My health is only going to get worse and worse, unless some breakthrough miracle turns up.

1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

I agree with what you’re saying to be honest in the first sentence.

Hey, I can take it too, god help me I take enough off the owner. ?

I’d love a purge day me, but @David would probably sack me again if it happened.

So maybe a purge day would be a good thing then ? ?

9 minutes ago, ramblur said:

It's a lot easier to post drivel than financial stuff, mate. Believe me, I know cos I've done it?

The problem is, if more rogue articles came up I'd feel obliged/ obligated/ impelled to try and reassure others. I know myself very well, and I simply have to help myself by exiting. My health is only going to get worse and worse, unless some breakthrough miracle turns up.

As long as your health lets you, go to the match and enjoy the day mate. 1000 on here, 28000 at the game ,that makes 27000 who couldnt give a toss about the accounts, only winning football matches and having a few pints lol

1 minute ago, superzak said:

As long as your health lets you, go to the match and enjoy the day mate. 1000 on here, 28000 at the game ,that makes 27000 who couldnt give a toss about the accounts, only winning football matches and having a few pints lol

I'll never again be able to attend a match, mate, and I've been resigned to the reality of this for yonks.

6 hours ago, Boycie said:

The cooling off period is so that people can have second thoughts, if you really wanted to leave the forum you would have stopped posting the day you requested to be deleted.

Some might say you like the attention, not me though.

Do you really want to leave? You don’t have to, you can change your mind it’s not set in stone.

But it did seem that because someone challenged your opinion you totally threw your toys out the pram, and other statements about not taking questions about your posts.

Nobodies perfect, not even @David 

Time for this half wit to let you enjoy your swan song.

All the best.

Boycie, for the record l personally think you have constructed a fair and measured response. Not bad for someone just told that “over the years I've been a member you've hardly posted anything of interest”. That did make me chuckle to be honest; 40,000 posts made over the last 8 years ?  That must have hurt. If you need help removing that HB2 pencil from your shoulder blades l am here for you buddy. 

28 minutes ago, ramblur said:

I'll never again be able to attend a match, mate, and I've been resigned to the reality of this for yonks.

Woah, I didn’t realise that. So sorry to hear that. For what it’s worth, I’ll miss your posts and enjoyed reading your updates and explanations. Take it as credit to your input that there’s so much positive feedback and good wishes, especially as, with respect, it’s mainly regarding accounts! ?

My advice (as someone who doesn’t get to many matches myself) is to keep being a member and just ignore the few you can’t rub along with. Haha - if that includes me then you’ll not see this anyway! The reason being, is that I find this forum a vital link to ‘our team’. I fully accept that my own posts aren’t everyone’s cup of tea but it takes all sorts and it’s a great way to be an ‘involved fan’ without actually going too much. Doesn’t mean we don’t care or still live for Saturday or Tuesday/Wednesday evening.

I sincerely hope you get to at least one more game. I know of someone who was convinced (for blummin good reasons) of something similar but is about to remedy that this summer, at 98 years old. It can be done so have faith. It will happen ?

54 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Thanks for all your efforts over the years and patience with my uneducated questions.

One last one...

Do we have to sell someone before the end of June to meet FFP? 

42 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Boycie, for the record l personally think you have constructed a fair and measured response. Not bad for someone just told that “over the years I've been a member you've hardly posted anything of interest”. That did make me chuckle to be honest; 40,000 posts made over the last 8 years ?  That must have hurt. If you need help removing that HB2 pencil from your shoulder blades l am here for you buddy. 

Well, I couldn’t argue his point to be honest, ?

On 12/06/2018 at 21:39, RamNut said:

I actually predicted that an accountancy nurd would start arguing about the meaning of bankrupcy because you'd rather play silly games than simply acknowledge the reality that having wages massively exceeding turnover is a fundamental problem.

and to top it all you invent more stuff i haven't said.

As my earlier, reasoned, inoffensive rebuttal of your allegation was removed for some reason, I'll try again.( and I hope some members saw my earlier post before it was removed). In the context used there's precious little difference between ' acknowledge' and 'admit', so you did effectively say that I wouldn't admit it.

6 hours ago, sage said:

Thanks for all your efforts over the years and patience with my uneducated questions.

One last one...

Do we have to sell someone before the end of June to meet FFP? 

If we are allowed £39m over the 3 year cycle, because equity injections into the Club covered losses (and I've no reason to doubt this is the case), then no we emphatically don't. However, if the EFL were to be basing it on these so called soft loans, then we almost certainly would, as the £39m would become £15m ( and I've no real reason to think this to be the case). As it happens, the declared FFP results of £5.6m and £9m in 14/15 and 15/16 respectively would leave £0.4m for 16/17 ( on a £15m cycle). I've said that 16/17 looked like c2m in 16/17, but it could easily be lower if exemptions increased substantially, thus potentially putting the cat amongst the pigeons ( shame the Club didn't announce the 16/17 result, as they'd done in 2 previous years, as this would have nailed it one way or the other).

Now I have to admit that there's a reason for everything in this life, and I couldn't for the life of me work out why the Hughes and Ince sales occurred in 16/17.........unless we really did have to get within £15m overall. If this were to be the case, then I reckon we'd need to post a rather demanding FFP result less than £6m in 17/18 to stay within the next £15m cycle, and I couldn't really see that happening without June sales and maturing add ons. All food for thought.

Personally I'd love it if we were working to the £15m cycle. £5m FFP per year would imply a headline loss of c£11m  for the year which,after the deduction of paper transactions ( depreciation and amortisation) would probably imply a cash deficit on operations of c £4m, pretty similar to the former regime, but on far higher levels of income and expenditure.

I repeat, I only mention the £15m because I can't absolutely rule it out - it's annoyingly close.

The other thing to be said is that if the Rush allegations prove to be correct, and his alleged actions reversed, we'd probably have fallen well within the first £15m (possible)  cycle, and made the current one less onerous. All food for thought.

14 hours ago, ramblur said:

Well done. That sly way of introducing a suggestion merely reinforces my view that I'm doing exactly the right thing. A bit like the 'brown fingers' from years ago (oops, sorry, I made a mistake - but it let you say it in the first place. I'm nobody's fool.)

I really hope you change your mind. If you stuck more to your points and posts and didn't feel the need to answer every crackpot return post in such detail I think you would enjoy it a whole lot more.

I would suggest you and SDSR are the only 2 people who really get called out for on a regular basis to provide information. Can't claim to understand all that your posts say but I appreciate the time and effort.... as do 95% of the forum  and the other 5% who get you into a debate to me just make equally confusing points just in a less detailed and convincing way.

2 hours ago, ramblur said:

If we are allowed £39m over the 3 year cycle, because equity injections into the Club covered losses (and I've no reason to doubt this is the case), then no we emphatically don't. However, if the EFL were to be basing it on these so called soft loans, then we almost certainly would, as the £39m would become £15m ( and I've no real reason to think this to be the case). As it happens, the declared FFP results of £5.6m and £9m in 14/15 and 15/16 respectively would leave £0.4m for 16/17 ( on a £15m cycle). I've said that 16/17 looked like c2m in 16/17, but it could easily be lower if exemptions increased substantially, thus potentially putting the cat amongst the pigeons ( shame the Club didn't announce the 16/17 result, as they'd done in 2 previous years, as this would have nailed it one way or the other).

Now I have to admit that there's a reason for everything in this life, and I couldn't for the life of me work out why the Hughes and Ince sales occurred in 16/17.........unless we really did have to get within £15m overall. If this were to be the case, then I reckon we'd need to post a rather demanding FFP result less than £6m in 17/18 to stay within the next £15m cycle, and I couldn't really see that happening without June sales and maturing add ons. All food for thought.

Personally I'd love it if we were working to the £15m cycle. £5m FFP per year would imply a headline loss of c£11m  for the year which,after the deduction of paper transactions ( depreciation and amortisation) would probably imply a cash deficit on operations of c £4m, pretty similar to the former regime, but on far higher levels of income and expenditure.

I repeat, I only mention the £15m because I can't absolutely rule it out - it's annoyingly close.

The other thing to be said is that if the Rush allegations prove to be correct, and his alleged actions reversed, we'd probably have fallen well within the first £15m (possible)  cycle, and made the current one less onerous. All food for thought.

So maybe then?

1 minute ago, sage said:

What?

Ramblur clearly says if you look at it the way I think it works then 'no'.

However the quick sale of Hughes and Ince suggest 'yes' .

So...maybe

Ok...agreed.

I just read your very short reply to his complicated and thoughtful post as a joke.

Bad me!

2 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Ok...agreed.

I just read your very short reply to his complicated and thoughtful post as a joke.

Bad me!

I'm hurt that you think I would interrupt a serious thread for a cheap laugh.

Archived