£10m FFP Bill

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

So afterall that, you have finally admitted that there is a debt that could in the future become payable.

Alleluya 

give yourself another gold star.

Think he's got you on ignore so he won't see it unless someone quotes you both. A bit like I have just done here.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RamNut said:

As you keep saying. Who cares?

the transfer income from summer 17 will turn up in the next years accounts.

the point is £15m loss in 15-16 is £24m excluding player sales

the £21m group loss in 16-17 would be a £28m loss without £7m of player sales

And bere

8 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

Think he's got you on ignore so he won't see it unless someone quotes you both. A bit like I have just done here.

I'm quite happy to be on his ignore. Its lovely.

55 minutes ago, RamNut said:

The group owe mel £95.6m. Any potential purchaser would surely acquire the whole group. Some posters have suggested that mel would want his money back. Others have said he would write it off. We don't know. But the debt exists, and may or may not become relevant in the future.

we do not need to sell?  I think significant sales have become essential.

i'm pretty sure that transfers have to be self-financing now, and that we require the profits on sales for reasons that i have already given. 

for what its worth, i agreed with the sales of hendrick and ince, but if we have to sell every year - which is the position i think we've got ourselves into  - then thats not good. 

When we do rebuild i hope we will have learned from our errors. Don't pay what we can't reasonably afford to pay. If we do get to another play-off final and fail again, then next time let anyone go who wants to move to the prem. Don't try and match those wages and end up in a spiral of escalating wage costs.

Who owns the group? Would that be Mel? So Mel owes Mel and can write that off at anytime he wishes.

You've also been told that he isn't looking to sell the club, so why would there be a potential purchaser?

Strong, strong rumours amongst our (PNE) fans, including reliable posters on our forum, that we’re in for Jerome. Alex Neil worked with him at Norwich. Our local paper said this morning that we’ve bid for an experienced striker.

5 minutes ago, northender said:

Strong, strong rumours amongst our (PNE) fans, including reliable posters on our forum, that we’re in for Jerome. Alex Neil worked with him at Norwich. Our local paper said this morning that we’ve bid for an experienced striker.

I’m going to go against the majority and say you can have him if you pay similar fee as we did. Aside from 2 games at the end of the season, he just didn’t do enough to warrant a place.

We bought him in to be a tall, pacy, strong striker who bullies and harasses defenders. Yet he spent most of both legs against Fulham walking around. I know we played ultra conservative, but he just didn’t seem to run at more than a jog both games or seem overly fussed. Good header mind. Martin would have been slated for not moving like him, yet would have bought some hold up play and technique to us at least.

24 minutes ago, northender said:

I really hope you are.

4 hours ago, curtains said:

The problem is if Mel wants his money back if we get to the Premiership.

Why can’t you understand that. 

I don't understand that, curtains. What if he did? If he were just a private shareholder without  equity held in a holding company, he could still sell such shares if he wanted - what's the difference? He'd have to sell those same shares to get funds into Sevco 5112 to repay his loan. He couldn't just take money out of the club in either case , fail via dividends (in either case).

9 hours ago, RamNut said:

The group owe mel £95.6m. Any potential purchaser would surely acquire the whole group. Some posters have suggested that mel would want his money back. Others have said he would write it off. We don't know. But the debt exists, and may or may not become relevant in the future.

we do not need to sell?  I think significant sales have become essential.

i'm pretty sure that transfers have to be self-financing now, and that we require the profits on sales for reasons that i have already given. 

for what its worth, i agreed with the sales of hendrick and ince, but if we have to sell every year - which is the position i think we've got ourselves into  - then thats not good. 

When we do rebuild i hope we will have learned from our errors. Don't pay what we can't reasonably afford to pay. If we do get to another play-off final and fail again, then next time let anyone go who wants to move to the prem. Don't try and match those wages and end up in a spiral of escalating wage costs.

Again the bit you dont seem to get it the debt is to mel from servco and servco it owned by mel.so for the last time there is not debt owed to mel FROM DCFC.

12 hours ago, Ramet said:

Again i have no doubt you have good points.the over spend on the academy is a must if we are to be able to move forward but it will take time

The Academy will probably fail like they all do.. Don’t hang your hat on that.

Accountants are paid to move money around, it does not matter where the poo sits, it’s still poo. 

Ramnut is in essence right, we trade at a loss, the rest is semantics.. 

You made a bold statement in an earlier post that Morris is going nowhere. How do you know that?

8 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

The Academy will probably fail like they all do.. Don’t hang your hat on that.

Accountants are paid to move money around, it does not matter where the poo sits, it’s still poo. 

Ramnut is in essence right, we trade at a loss, the rest is semantics.. 

You made a bold statement in an earlier post that Morris is going nowhere. How do you know that?

Yes we in essence trade at a loss but why does that worry anyone? If Mel walks away dcfc owe him nothing. We can debate whether any club should trade at a loss or not but that is a separate argument. The only way Mel gets his money out is if the club is very successful in the premier league over many seasons and has built the finances to do it. 

Archived