Best of luck Gary x

Parsnip

10 hours ago, Chester40 said:

I think in time to come he will be the most unpopular ex-manager of recent times...if not ever.

No-one is going to defend him. I stuck with him to the end...and I think those who did, feel most betrayed in that he really was the shyster others predicted, leaving us with an aging, bloated squad...the opposite of what he promised.

Schteve and Cloughie will always split the fans, Clement and Pearson weren't given long enough and were 'pushed' .....even Billy can point to his promotion success. Jewell and Brown were equally as slapdash in the wreckage they left but they didnt stroll into a better paid job....so I don't feel as irked!

He is going to get sone hammer when he returns!!

They also didn’t make the wreckage worse...they just didn’t even really clean up the debris they inherited...

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Chester40 said:

I think in time to come he will be the most unpopular ex-manager of recent times...if not ever......

He is going to get sone hammer when he returns!!

Judging how he reacted to Forest fans I doubt he’ll be bothered by it; half expect  him to get his wallet out and wave a bunch of £50’s at the South Stand!

4 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Judging how he reacted to Forest fans I doubt he’ll be bothered by it; half expect  him to get his wallet out and wave a bunch of £50’s at the South Stand!

Scant consolation when his team's 5-0 down.

23 hours ago, philmycock said:

If we’d started carp next season Rowett would be out of a job, it’s a win-win for everyone, hopefully we’ll change back to a style more easy on the eye, it’s nieve to think Mel and Rowett haven’t had a conversation about his and our futures

He'd have probably been sacked by Christmas if he had got us promoted!

We would probably be wallowing near the foot of the crem, sorry, Prem, and he would be the scapegoat.

Perhaps it is better to take over a relegated team with a parachute payment.

Or not!

When the history books are read along with the honest appraisal of D.C. FC supporters of the 17/18 season it will be decided by most that Mr Rowett had no redeeming features and that DCFC got the best deal when he moved on.

On 28/05/2018 at 21:15, philmycock said:

Do you not think Mel might have actually urged him to take the Stoke job, to save face and give us a chance to play proper footy?

Probably not, but Mel played a blinder here. Fat, 4-year contract. If he'd taken us to the 'promised land' and made a success, he's here for 4 years. However, if someone comes sniffing, we get (got!) a hefty compensation payment.

Win, win. No wonder Mel's a multi-millionaire.

Archived