Best of luck Gary x

Parsnip

3 hours ago, CROSSWORD said:

Rowett is Dim,not very bright and has no clue

12 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

He really has gone from hero to zero

2 hours ago, HariboWest said:

Greedy man. Poor tactician. Really annoying bloke

Err guys... this is the well wishing thread...

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 22/05/2018 at 22:40, Parsnip said:

All the best Gary you big old tree x

Just to counter all the vitriol against Gary i just thought I'd write something a bit more positive.

For all his faults, he actually had a good go this season. Achieved play offs and I reckon another season with a bit of investment, he could have got us up.

In January, when a premier league club offered him a job - he turned it down, signed a new contract, and got on with the job of getting Derby promoted. Sadly it wasn't to be - but it wasn't for lack of trying on Gary's part. 

End of season, he obviously feels he'd need investment to take us any further - chairman says no - so he's moved on. He knows he's not exactly loved here anyway - and his contract ensures we'll get compensated. As far as I can see, the man's done nothing wrong.

So on that basis, although I'm hugely relieved he's gone, I have to wish him well.

COYR

Very fair observation. 

On 23/05/2018 at 17:49, RodleyRam said:

Not at all disappointed he has gone but I wouldn't have sacked him for the sake of stability and rebuild. In a way I'm pleased he's taken the decision he has. I was so underwhelmed by the football and bewildered by some of the transfer activity.

What worries me is what we do next. 

Derby is increasingly feeling like a poisoned chalice, it was when GR took over and It feels worse now.  It almost feels like we need to have a disastrous season so we can completely reset and start building again from the ground up.

Whoever comes in next is going to have limited funds so they're going to have to reshape what we've got and blood some youngsters.

Rather them than me, tin hat on!

The reason we need Dean Smith. Done just that at Walsall, and similar at Brentford.

From Wikipedia.

Brentford finished the 2017–18 season in ninth-place and were "widely regarded as the Championship’s entertainers" after Smith built an attracting passing style of play on a shoestring budget."

2 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

The reason we need Dean Smith. Done just that at Walsall, and similar at Brentford.

From Wikipedia.

Brentford finished the 2017–18 season in ninth-place and were "widely regarded as the Championship’s entertainers" after Smith built an attracting passing style of play on a shoestring budget."

What better youngsters (sorry DCFC U23s) than all those spare Chelsea U23s?!

13 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

From Wikipedia.

Yes Dean Smith has definitely got the know how. I get the impression he's no mug and would perhaps see DCFC as a bit of a Poisoned Chalice as things stand. 

On 23 May 2018 at 15:55, Carnero said:

Ed Dawes said that he's the first manager in our history to have left us to join another club.

I can't think of an example to disprove him.

Tommy docherty

8 hours ago, Phoenix said:

From Wikipedia.

I think others have mentioned this in other threads but when it comes to Brentford, they have an excellent system in place from recruitment to football operations which means managers there tend to do better than they would elsewhere. E.g's Warburton. We don't have that sort of recruitment or system in place. That is why I prefer Super Frank. He would probably laugh at the scouting system we have. 

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

Tommy docherty

He did mention him but decided as he resigned and later went to QPR technically it didn't count as leaving Derby for another club. I wouldn't know the ins and outs of that as the first Derby boss I knew about was Arthur.

GR has a tough job on his hands.

Stoke relegated after 10 seasons in the top league. What chance of an immediate return?

Since 1989, 15 teams have been relegated after 10 or more seasons in the top league. How many returned immediately?

Only 2. 

The red dogs in 94 and Ncastle in 2010

Luton, QPR, Wimbledon, Coventry, ipswich., WH, Leeds, Soton, Boro, Blackburn, Fulham, Villa, Sunderland all failed.

Why would we wish anyone like Rowett well 

He’s a liar, signing a new deal then leaving, ‘going to bring youth through etc’ did the exact opposite 

Sold Hughes & Ince, loaned out Martin which is stupid as if he wasnt going to play he was something different off the bench, loaned out Bryson who’s just got promoted

Signed a bunch of OAP’s, gave no youth any chance & played the worst football since Jewell 

He got away with it because he did a good interview almost like he was watching an entirely different game to the rest of us 

He took us backwards & i genuinely hope he takes Stoke down & isnt employable by any other club again 

Apart from signing Curtis Davies there isnt one single positive thing about his time at our club  

Archived