Best of luck Gary x

Parsnip

Fair play to Rattlesnake - given that whether he stayed with us, or went to Stoke, he’d be out of a job come Christmas, might as well take the higher pay packet for a few months, and he’ll get more compo now.

How long before they realise they’d actually have been better off under Lambert....?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great news he’s gone, even better we actually got paid rather than fork out compensation.  won’t miss him in the slightest, nor his negative, mind numbing brand of football,  100% sure he’s left us in a much worse position than he inherited. He talks a good game but that’s what it is “talk”. No skill set to back it up. I’m going to appeal to the Mods who gave me a yellow card a few weeks ago to get it rescinded. It was described at the time, as unwarranted personal abuse directed at Gary. I thought then and even more now it was actually a very accurate appraisal of Soon forgotten, nothing of a manager. Sometimes in life you get what you deserve. And he certainly deserves Stoke 

7 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

Sold Ince, Hughes and Russell. Loaned out Bryson and Martin. Singled out Keogh and dropped him after the Sunderland game and stripped him of the captaincy. He said Thorne would miss just a couple of weeks through injury after the Sunderland game and then he wasn't seen again for the rest of the season. Got us playing some of the worst football I've seen from Derby in my lifetime (I'm not as old as most of you old codgers). Signed a nice new contract, said he loved the club and then leaves shortly after failing in the play offs to join a fellow Championship club. The only way I could dislike him more is if he kicked me in the balls

But yeah, I can understand his reasons for wanting to go there ?

Less of the codgers whipper snapper ,however it was some of the worst football I've ever seen in 60 years watching.

2 hours ago, archied said:

,,, but no ,,, says one thing and does another ,, just says whatever will pull people in then does whatever suits him ,,, so yes snake is a good description , you couldn’t trust the bloke as far as you could throw him ,, not surprised mel was taken in by him

And don't you think (some/all) the players will have spotted this? Him no doubt telling them they're the best thing since sliced bread and then dropping them or buying someone else in?

I really can't wish Gary well. He's basically stuck two fingers up at our club and behaved very badly. In my book integrity is very important and already some Stoke fans are saying if he can shaft Derby he can shaft us too. He may have more money but can he really be proud of the way he's behaved and what a poor example he's set his kids! However I'm glad he's gone. His football was boring, he mucked up our squad and many of his team selections and substitutions were questionable. Hopefully better times are round the corner for us and I do feel a bit more optimistic about next season- we might actually see some exciting football with the right manager.

It appears to me that Mr Rowett and Stoke deserve each other, both have no interest in playing the game how most fans consider it should be played.

Regarding “good luck” yes he can have my blessing on the proviso that he never tarnishes our door step again.

Got to say a big sigh of relief hes gone.Never liked the man,thought he was an egotist and a dictator my way or the highway kind.

When good players want to get away from the club so badly ,Will Hughes saying he wasnt in Rowetts plans wtf, Johny Russell saying he needed to leave as fast as he could you know something is just wrong.But i think i know what it was.

Gary Rowett is Dim,not very bright and has no clue how to manage or worse how to learn from his mistakes,i truly believe he left because he just didnt know what to do with the team next season and ran away.His future in football is not looking good im afraid.

I got criticised and mocked on here, when I said Rowett had an a self righteous attitude for a man that had achieved nothing in his career - some people in their rose tinted glasses claimed comparisons to Brian Clough. 

It seems I was much nearer the mark, than those who belittled my opinion. 

Greedy man. Poor tactician. Really annoying bloke. 

5 minutes ago, HariboWest said:

I got criticised and mocked on here, when I said Rowett had an a self righteous attitude for a man that had achieved nothing in his career - some people in their rose tinted glasses claimed comparisons to Brian Clough. 

It seems I was much nearer the mark, than those who belittled my opinion. 

Greedy man. Poor tactician. Really annoying bloke. 

You did very well. Sorry if I was one of them. Was I?

2 minutes ago, Seaside Sam said:

sorry if someone has already said this but is Rowett the first manager we have actually got any money for when they have left the club?

Ed Dawes said that he's the first manager in our history to have left us to join another club.

I can't think of an example to disprove him.

16 hours ago, Duracell said:

What annoys me is that he got rid of my favourite players I’ve ever seen play for Derby and didn’t stick around for the building process.

Prettt unforgivable tbh.

Sold the family silver, gave us a year of ugly football, then ran at the first opportunity.

He has a reputation as a Proper Football Man. Head scratcher.

Summed up perfectly in a few words. Everything else is background noise.

Not at all disappointed he has gone but I wouldn't have sacked him for the sake of stability and rebuild. In a way I'm pleased he's taken the decision he has. I was so underwhelmed by the football and bewildered by some of the transfer activity.

What worries me is what we do next. 

Derby is increasingly feeling like a poisoned chalice, it was when GR took over and It feels worse now.  It almost feels like we need to have a disastrous season so we can completely reset and start building again from the ground up.

Whoever comes in next is going to have limited funds so they're going to have to reshape what we've got and blood some youngsters.

Rather them than me, tin hat on!

Archived