Blaming Rowett

DcfcJack

If he’d gone in January we might have gone closer than sneaking into the playoffs on the final day. Rowett’s tactics were rumbled by the new year and it took until April to come up with something new, by which time, we’d well surrendered second and were playing catch-up just to make the top six.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mel seems to understand what supporters feel. I think he knows how divisive the style of football has been among supporters this season. I think he would have kept Gary had no one come in for him but equally I don't think he is that fussed about him going either. Just have a funny feeling he didn't mind either way, how this one went.

7 minutes ago, Russell Ram said:

Mel seems to understand what supporters feel. I think he knows how divisive the style of football has been among supporters this season. I think he would have kept Gary had no one come in for him but equally I don't think he is that fussed about him going either. Just have a funny feeling he didn't mind either way, how this one went.

Agree with this - I sense Mel was in two minds about whether Rowett was the right man long-term, and the Stoke approach was a good way of resolving one way or the other, getting a decent compensation payment and the opportunity to start a new season afresh with a new manager. Had he waited and seen how next season went, he could have been in a situation where he was firing Rowett in January, paying him compensation and having to find a replacement mid-season.

15 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

To blatantly call him a quitter with out any substantial evidence is a bit harsh.

HUH.

Man Blatantly quits before achieving what he set out to achieve. I blatantly call a Blatant quitter a "blatant quitter" for quitting so blatantly. There is nothing more "blatant" or "quitty" than this.

5 minutes ago, TheHomunculusLives said:

Agree with this - I sense Mel was in two minds about whether Rowett was the right man long-term, and the Stoke approach was a good way of resolving one way or the other, getting a decent compensation payment and the opportunity to start a new season afresh with a new manager. Had he waited and seen how next season went, he could have been in a situation where he was firing Rowett in January, paying him compensation and having to find a replacement mid-season.

Could have had a helping hand?? Set up to quit?? Whatever it has worked/he has gone/we are free without having to pay compensation and can start afresh . The squad is worse? than when he came /the sort out is greater/and who wants to work for Mel??  We shall see.....!!

7 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

**** him , I backed to the hill , nothing but a snake.

My feelings exactly. I feel a fool for buying into his ********.

When you now reflect and look at his full tenure he's actually done an average job at best.

**** football, failed to reduce the size of the squad, increased the average age of the squad significantly, sold our 2 best players (and loaned another 2 out), courted the Stoke job in Jan to land himself a bumper pay rise, overseen 4 wins in our final league 16 games and within a week of tumbling out of the play offs the treacherous rat walks out for the Stoke job after all.

**** him. 

12 minutes ago, Moist One said:

HUH.

Man Blatantly quits before achieving what he set out to achieve. I blatantly call a Blatant quitter a "blatant quitter" for quitting so blatantly. There is nothing more "blatant" or "quitty" than this.

Lol 

I just can’t blame him for going.

He’s got more chance of being promoted with them, they’ll be paying him more money and he will have a lot more money to spend.

Football doesn’t reward loyalty these days. He’s got a massive contract now and if he gets sacked he’s probably sorted for a long time in terms of financial stability.

I do think they’re silly for hiring him though. They will not improve under him and it’s making me chuckle how much their fans are excited about it!

They’ve just been in the Premier League for how many seasons, yet getting Rowett is unbelievable for them!

1 minute ago, Mckram said:

I just can’t blame him for going.

He’s got more chance of being promoted with them, they’ll be paying him more money and he will have a lot more money to spend.

Football doesn’t reward loyalty these days. He’s got a massive contract now and if he gets sacked he’s probably sorted for a long time in terms of financial stability.

I do think they’re silly for hiring him though. They will not improve under him and it’s making me chuckle how much their fans are excited about it!

They’ve just been in the Premier League for how many seasons, yet getting Rowett is unbelievable for them!

That’s because he’s a good manager. 

13 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Why on earth do you want Stoke to do well ? 

Can’t say I dislike them as a team or feel any rivalry towards them - but I did say I hope he does well for them rather than I hope Stoke do well.

I don’t rate him as a manager but like him.

Nothing wrong in wishing somebody well.

I understand his reason for leaving if he was moving onto something better and we will see if that is the case but I can never accept anyone wanting to leave my football club especially when he claimed we were his dream job and all that

time will tell and hopefully we are better off 

6 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

My position 24 hours ago.

Now, I don’t like him so much either.

He doesn’t come across in a good light at all does he.

It’s like an episode off cowboy builders where they come round and start an extension. All looks great until the wall starts cracking and they don’t turn up or answer calls anymore!

He’s started something and not finished it, but I’d probably do the same in his situation! 

Archived