Next Manager Poll

S8TY

Who Would We Like to Take Over  

557 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Saity said:

Forgot about Wassall for example....apologies ?

Apologies??. Good boy I say

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

I can't really vote as I'd be happy with 4 of those and unhappy with the rest.

warburton

cook

smith

lampard

any of the above for me. Too 3 as I think they would do well here and lamoard as he is a wildcard and would be interesting to see how he does. Could always come on to take the free kicks also.

That would be my 4 as well. Voted lampard, would also like to see nathan jones on there.

21 minutes ago, David said:

I think it’s time to accept that unless you’re a Man Utd, Barca, Real, we are all stepping stones. Only 13 managers in the country that have been at their clubs over 3 years now. Managers know the score, where the game is at, a long term manager is a nice dream to have but they are either successful and move on whilst their stock is high or binned off.

I think it's exactly why we should imbed the idea that Mel touted when he sacked Clement. Build an attractive style of play that runs through the club, clear line of progression from youth team to first team and sign managers/head coaches that fit that philosophy.

It’s not a bad list. I found it hard to pick one. I’d be happy with Warburton or Smith, but opted for Simmo. 

I know others have said ‘let’s not have anyone with a connection to the ckub’, but I do think that’s quite important. It saddens me that Rowett might be held in a bad light after this, I liked him as a player, and that whole period was my favourite. 

But I have confidence that Simmo wouldn’t **** it up, or at least not bad enough for us to hate him. And a personal connection means he’s less likely to use us a stepping stone, and more likely to connect with the fans, and put two fingers up to forest.

He was instrumental in the attacking style under Mac, even if he was also instrumental in the occasional 4-4 at Rotherham. Having said that, we’ve got about the best Defense we’ve had in a long time now, so we’re not going to concede 4 too often. Just leave the Defense to it, and it’s the other 6 players we’ve got to worry about. 

He’s just off the back of winning a World Cup ffs, how has his stock not soared?! If we want someone bringing the youth through, and enabling them to deal with the higher pressure of competitive games, I couldn’t think of anyone better.

My only question mark on him is that his time at Preston was a bit meh, if I recall. Not too bad, but nothing to write home about. I could be wrong though. 

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

I think it's exactly why we should imbed the idea that Mel touted when he sacked Clement. Build an attractive style of play that runs through the club, clear line of progression from youth team to first team and sign managers/head coaches that fit that philosophy.

That's exactly what should happen....

It should be instigated with a d.o.f in charge and Mel could then sit back and relax!

Can't quite see it unfortunately.

Jaap Stam might be a shout. Plays 3 at the back, demands possession tactics, had an excellent first season at Reading. I know they were awful last season but he seems to tick a lot of the boxes that people, want.

My personal preference would be Dean Smith, Paul Cook or Danny Cowley  

3 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Selling Vyds 8-12 mill. Releasing 3 top earners ?

How much of that would go towards keeping us in FFP though? Ideally, we could use all the incoming transfer money to reinvest but i can't see it with the noises coming from the club

29 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Totally agree , then every time a manager cooks off won't be a complete change in style and a massive squad revamp. Think now if we get a manager in who likes to play out from the back with overlapping full backs and technically good midfield players. That rules out half of Rowetts signings.

3 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Totally agree , then every time a manager cooks off won't be a complete change in style and a massive squad revamp. Think now if we get a manager in who likes to play out from the back with overlapping full backs and technically good midfield players. That rules out half of Rowetts signings.

This is spot on....the coaching should be mirrored through the under23s as well so a player knows our systems etc etc...no point Wassall trying to play expansive footy when all the first team are playing hoooofball and defending for there lives....our scouting also needs a rethink....this is now the time for Mel to be ruthless and get someone like Roy Mac ( not the Roymac off of here!!  no offence !!) to help him restructure the club and get everyone singing off the same hymn sheet.....from top to bottom.

Archived