Next Manager Poll

S8TY

Who Would We Like to Take Over  

557 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Think they could all get a better job elsewhere. QSF was Stoke’s first choice but he didn’t want it.

Laudrup wouldn’t come here. I think he has a nice, cushty high earning job out in the far east.

Garcia doesn’t stick around long. I think due to family reasons, so not an ideal long-term option.

Would love any of them here, but I can’t see it happening unfortunately.

I don't especially care about a manager sticking around long (sadly). In the modern era there is no loyalty and if someone is good they are poached and gone. What is more important is having knowledge of a conveyer belt of managers with similar footballing philosophy. And I would choose a more attractive philosophy than Rowett's. I would choose what Mel probably called "the Derby way". 

One issue for us is we've brought in a raft of recent managers who've all wanted to play differently. If someone can get us moving forward in the right way, I'd take that and have a list of successors ready for if they move. Sadly I'm sure you're right about Laudrup and probably Flores too! 

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived