Next Manager Poll

S8TY

Who Would We Like to Take Over  

557 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Re lampard

Does anyone else not think that we should have learned our lesson with untried and tested when we appointed clement 

or are we really that slow on the uptake ? 

Lampard has no experience just ike Clement. 

2 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Work with a lot of County fans and if we didn't like Rowetts football oh boy we wouldn't appreciate Nolan. 

Literally is 'hammer it up to Ameobi and see what filters down'... 

Definitely see where you are coming from and I have to agree.

However I thought we were all shouting out hopeless suggestions

I went for Warburton, although it’s hardly a stellar list of managers.

Why the hell is Frank Lampard being mentioned? Seriously.

The barrel is literally being scraped in British footballs management gene pool at the moment with the Pardews’, Moyes etc all pinballing their way from club to club and achieving a half season of success before they’re sacked by the following October. We need to get off that merry go round and get someone who can galvanize the team we have.

With another preseason Forsyth and Thorne will be better next season. We can lose Vydra and still buy another striker for a 3rd of what we recoup from him

We may lose Bryson or Martin, which’ll be sad, but feels we had the best of them.

and all those wanting some kind of academy 1st team take over then that won’t get us promoted.

Lowe, Bird and Thomas can all start to figure much more on and off the bench this season, but anything more than that would be ridiculous with the amount of talent we already have.

P.S 

100/1 odds on Butterfield coming back to be player manager saviour, pin up, Winner, master chef, super fly mother *******...??!?

20 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Re lampard

Does anyone else not think that we should have learned our lesson with untried and tested when we appointed clement 

or are we really that slow on the uptake ? 

Lampard raises derby profile massively and brings far more to the table than clement ever did and just for clarity on my view ,I have NOW changed my view on all this stability ,building, long term stuff ,it’s just not possible or sustainable in the modern game ,people get poached if they do well ,sacked if they don’t and fans get bored easily ,change keeps things fresh ,keeps things turning and there is no Guarantee s with anybody anyway ,,, lampard would bring a buzz to derby and if he works ,well great and if he doesn’t then move on ,,, 

i voted lampard as he is the only one on the list who excites me and peaks my interest and after all the rowett stuff derby need to do something to peak my/our interest s ,,, 

just the man to create the buzz ,get/ keep the cameras and media at pride park and I reckon his appointment has more chance of putting bums on seats than anybody else on the list ,,make massive commercial sense 

sorry ,it’s a no brainier folks , I’m hoping mel is as smart a cookie as I think he is

I can understand why a lot of people are suggesting Dean Smith, but don’t Brentford have some sort of moneyball scouting system to find their players? Leaves a bit of a question mark for me, as under our current set up we could do with someone in the chair who has an eye for finding players too (unless we go radical and appoint a DoF at the same time)

Just now, Mountain Ram said:

I can understand why a lot of people are suggesting Dean Smith, but don’t Brentford have some sort of moneyball scouting system to find their players? Leaves a bit of a question mark for me, as under our current set up we could do with someone in the chair who has an eye for finding players too (unless we go radical and appoint a DoF at the same time)

This exactly. Smith would be no good without taking the Brentford recruitment setup too.

Mikael Arteta please.

Savvy, clever, sophisticated manager. I think he will be in the Jokanovic role.

We may be too low down for what he wants but if we could attract Paul Clement a few years ago, then surely this is pretty similar.

2 minutes ago, archied said:

Lampard raises derby profile massively and brings far more to the table than clement ever did and just for clarity on my view ,I have NOW changed my view on all this stability ,building, long term stuff ,it’s just not possible or sustainable in the modern game ,people get poached if they do well ,sacked if they don’t and fans get bored easily ,change keeps things fresh ,keeps things turning and there is no Guarantee s with anybody anyway ,,, lampard would bring a buzz to derby and if he works ,well great and if he doesn’t then move on ,,, 

i voted lampard as he is the only one on the list who excites me and peaks my interest and after all the rowett stuff derby need to do something to peak my/our interest s ,,, 

just the man to create the buzz ,get/ keep the cameras and media at pride park and I reckon his appointment has more chance of putting bums on seats than anybody else on the list ,,make massive commercial sense 

sorry ,it’s a no brainier folks , I’m hoping mel is as smart a cookie as I think he is

This ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️ ??

Archived