Who is feeling positive for DCFCs future?

RoyMac5

Who is feeling positive this summer?  

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wonder how many felt positive after we lost that play off against Leicester? Not so long after the bald eagle swooped in, wonder how many were positive when he arrived?

We are Derby, the club is bigger than any individual, I’m positive about our luck changing in time.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, bigbadbob said:

Who would you like to see come in?

Dunno really, maybe Warburton.

The 'idea' of Simmo and Van der Laan sounds good - football intelligence, attack-minded and modern, willing to put youth in the mix.

Not overly fussed about Rowett going.  When he arrived, I thought we had a manager who was passionate about the club, wanted to be here long-term, and wouldn’t just think that the grass was greener elsewhere (a la McClaren) but unfortunately I was wrong.

The problem is with Clement, Pearson, the seemingly panicked Mac II appointment, and now Rowett, I have no faith in Mel to make a suitable appointment.  That, and the FFP restrictions make me worry for the next few years at least, if we are to sell Vydra and co. And don’t replace them with adequately I can see this going very very wrong

I feel more positive now that GR has shown his true colours. We now know that he doesn't have the stomach for the challenge ahead and based on his track record I think his judgement is at least sound, he doesn't have what's required to even maintain the same level of performance under more austere times. I think it illustrates what a good job Nigel Clough did and he never shirked the same sort of challenge that Gary is turning down.

For me, I'd like to see to see an up and coming manager who would be really excited and inspired to inherit the squad we have despite its apparent limitations, the Cowley brothers from Lincoln spring to mind.

27 minutes ago, Richard Dastard Lee said:

I feel more positive now that GR has shown his true colours. We now know that he doesn't have the stomach for the challenge ahead and based on his track record I think his judgement is at least sound, he doesn't have what's required to even maintain the same level of performance under more austere times. I think it illustrates what a good job Nigel Clough did and he never shirked the same sort of challenge that Gary is turning down.

For me, I'd like to see to see an up and coming manager who would be really excited and inspired to inherit the squad we have despite its apparent limitations, the Cowley brothers from Lincoln spring to mind.

Or the Driscoll brothers 

12 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

What an unexpectedly good day in Derby's history. I even listened to the Moan-in tonight! Rammers sounded chipper about Gary going...

Wouldn't have a clue about Derby's short term future, but I do know that the sun will come up again tomorrow, and we get to keep supporting our team.

17 hours ago, Doodle said:

Can’t decide for me too. Mel must get the next appointment right. We can’t afford any more **** ups on the manager front 

How many times have we said that?

I’m as negative tonight about our future as I have been in years. But, when the new manager is appointed, i’ll get behind him as I always do.

And I’ll bite my tongue even if I think he’s hopeless. And defend him after fans start calling for his head after 4-5 matches as I always do. Then he’ll be sacked...

Repeat.

16 minutes ago, EssendonRam said:

How many times have we said that?

I’m as negative tonight about our future as I have been in years. But, when the new manager is appointed, i’ll get behind him as I always do.

And I’ll bite my tongue even if I think he’s hopeless. And defend him after fans start calling for his head after 4-5 matches as I always do. Then he’ll be sacked...

Repeat.

Harsh, but sadly true at the moment

19 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

We will hopefully get a manager in who wants to play positive attacking football - that will attract players, as will our club. We have a good squad of players (maybe too many) that can play decent football if allowed to - what's not to be positive about?

maybe we will get a new manager in who can reignite the careers of some of our misfits we play loads for,who may just fancy building a team around Carson/Wisdom/Davies/Keogh/Bryson etc etc

On ‎21‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 20:43, RoyMac5 said:

What an unexpectedly good day in Derby's history. I even listened to the Moan-in tonight! Rammers sounded chipper about Gary going...

Lol! Getting a crying emoji from @KCG what fun. Anyone else sad to see Roger the snake run away?

10 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol! Getting a crying emoji from @KCG what fun. Anyone else sad to see Roger the snake run away?

Disappointed in the manner in which he left yes, but certainly not sad. 

He showed his true colours & I believe it will be to his detriment in the future.

Even people completely independent from our club are critical of his behaviour such as Simon Jordan on Talksport a few days ago. 

So not sad just disappointed 

Certainly more positive now.

the problem with GR was that he did the absolute opposite of everything that was required and yet the majority on here loved him. Where are they now? Now it seems like almost universal criticism.

• sold will hughes when he was the jewel in the crown
  • smashed up the core of the team - hughes, Bryson, martin, russell - when they were still the best of what we had.
  • Signed has-beens instead of bright young things 
  • Largely ignored the development of academy players in pursuit of promotion death or glory.
  • played dour defensive hoofball instead of fulham style pass and move

He has stabbed Mel in the back. Mel let him do all of the things that he supposedly sacked clement for doing. Mel backed him totally, gave him a bumper pay rise, long contract, and stated that GR will be our manager next season no matter what. (Wrong)

i wouldn't be surprised if after the meeting where mel spelled out a few financial realities, GR let it be known to stoke that he would be prepared to jump ship if they came knocking again. Rat.

The ideal now would be to ship lawrence, johnson, huddlestone and jerome straight down the A50, so that we aren't stuck with his players, and the hoofball players. And take another significant step towards reducing the wage bill at the same time.

Unfortunately he has done us some damage and probably set us back a couple of seasons.

If last season we had played carson, christie, forsyth, keogh, davies, thorne, weimann, hughes, vydra, russell, martin with Bryson on the bench and spent very little, then i think we would have still finished in the top six; so the overhaul and change of style ultimately achieved absolutely nothing. We needed a new left back and we still need a new left back.

this season.......the unkown is whether we can hang on to vydra when we are losing £15m a year due to chronic mismanagement by rush, morris and stephen pearce. Asked at the silk mill forum whether we were sailing close to the wind financially, they all denied it. Now....the reality is......that we are going to have to address the annual over spending on wages and probably sacrifice our best player to cover the losses. I'd rather sacrific lawrence, huddlestone, johnson etc than sell vydra.

Carson, wisdom, new left back, keogh, davies, thorne, weimann, elsnik, vydra, thomas, martin.......should be ok.

Assuming we lose vydra and keep lawrence then lawrence could play the number 10 role.....

Carson, wisdom, new left back, keogh, davies, thorne, weimann, elsnik, lawrence, thomas, martin.......leaves us with a misfit rowett remnant that we have to try to develop into an effective no 10. It might be possible.

turn our attention to signing good young players as necessary to compliment what we have. Players like ben godfrey and dru yearwood?

if we do that, and get back to a more attractive playing style .....then the future is bright.

The relief at Rowett going and the buzz around being linked with Lampard are beginning to feel like a cloud has been lifted. 

Definitely time for a change in our fortunes, even if that means yet more time spent ‘in transition’.

My main hope is that Mel will have realised his errors in appointing negative managers, and that that phase is now behind us. 

Archived