Who is feeling positive for DCFCs future?

RoyMac5

Who is feeling positive this summer?  

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Compared to some previous era "difficult" periods, I'm outrageously positive.

Next season is probably going to suck big floppy donkey Keogh, but it's not like we're about to go bust, even stripping the squad we'll enough ok players to not seriously be relegation threatened provided we don't hire a total disaster manager.

The last hurrah squad will not remain.

Everything post-Wembley has felt like a club going backwards. Hopefully, with today's developments, we're one step closer to getting back on the up.

So long as we don't do something silly like throw Big Sam or Pardew a bone, then we'll be alright.

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Compared to some previous era "difficult" periods, I'm outrageously positive.

Next season is probably going to suck big floppy donkey Keogh, but it's not like we're about to go bust, even stripping the squad we'll enough ok players to not seriously be relegation threatened provided we don't hire a total disaster manager.

The last hurrah squad will not remain.

I think if we get a canny manager in then we have a great backbone of a squad - ffs how did Mac 2 get such great defensive results. We've got great attacking potential, it's all about putting it together in a positive way. Get the players on board and they'll give their all. ?

6 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I'm not privy to what cost cutting is required but what I do know is that as it stands we have a decent squad that is capable of challenging at this level. Cardiff got promoted without spending silly money. Looking at their squad man for man would you say they were much better than us? I wouldn't, so therefore on that basis if we get the right man on board then why not feel optimistic.

But a number of those are going to have to be sold to balance the books...

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

But a number of those are going to have to be sold to balance the books...

Agreed but we as fans don't know the extent of the cost cutting. My point being if we can appoint a manager who is astute at wheeling and dealing then it is still possible to compete at this level.

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Agreed but we as fans don't know the extent of the cost cutting. My point being if we can appoint a manager who is astute at wheeling and dealing then it is still possible to compete at this level.

I agree. I reckon Vydra will have to go but we need to get a decent fee for him c 15 mill then there might be a bit of room to bring in a couple of perms and a couple of decent loans. It does look like to me though that the financial constraints have scared GR off which is a bit worrying...

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I agree. I reckon Vydra will have to go but we need to get a decent fee for him c 15 mill then there might be a bit of room to bring in a couple of perms and a couple of decent loans. It does look like to me though that the financial constraints have scared GR off which is a bit worrying...

We are Derby. We'll probably sell Vydra for £750,000.

With Mel presiding over this continuing omnishambles, there is hardly any cause for optimism. To be honest, at the moment, I really couldn't give a hoot about the next 'soon to be departing' manager at this club. May as well give the job to Darren Wassall for what difference it will make. 

16 minutes ago, europia said:

With Mel presiding over this continuing omnishambles, there is hardly any cause for optimism. To be honest, at the moment, I really couldn't give a hoot about the next 'soon to be departing' manager at this club. May as well give the job to Darren Wassall for what difference it will make. 

Not a bad shout that... Doesn't he have a higher win percentage as Derby manager than Rowett?

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think if we get a canny manager in then we have a great backbone of a squad - ffs how did Mac 2 get such great defensive results. We've got great attacking potential, it's all about putting it together in a positive way. Get the players on board and they'll give their all. ?

Who would you like to see come in?

4 hours ago, Topram said:

No, Mel is running the club into the ground, we have no money no manager have to sell our best players, how can you feel positive?

Because Mel as made mistakes and I think he's learning from it and I think he's proved this by sticking by rowett to the very end when in the past he hasn't I'd rather have local business who generally cares about our club and is A true support than someone who is from abroad who doesn't give a **** it's just something to show off his wealth and for that I hope Mel never gives up on our club and for the future now we are being forced thankfully now to build this club from the bottom up 

I don’t think Rowett got the best out of the team last season, though to be fair no manager has gotten the best out of a Derby squad since McClaren in 2013/14. Until we have a clearer idea of what the financial situation is (ie. If we sell Vydra will it be because it’s silly money or will it be a disappointing fee because the club is desperate) it’s impossible to say what to expect next year. A big thing has to be that a lot of Clement’s deadwood signings are out of contract in 2019, so one way or another we  will shift a lot of overpaid players next year.

For me, in retrospect, Rowett is clearly a massive careerist. All that “being sacked is part of a manager’s journey” stuff, and he speaks like David Brent. Apparently he wanted to talk to Wolves about their job when he was Brum manager and that’s one of the reasons they sacked him as they questioned his commitment. Personally, I never heard that but some Brum fans on Twitter are saying #toldyouso and such. Given the rumours about the club finances maybe Gary assumed that a promotion charge isn’t on the cards next season and lost interest in trying to build something? Who knows.

Honestly, I don’t care. He failed his main challenge at Derby, which was to solve the February slump. I don’t think making the playoffs was as big an achievement as people make out. Who are all these clubs who were supposed to have finished above us? Millwall and Preston? And if a manager’s idea of preparing for the second leg of a semi-final is to drop the division’s top scorer then I question his judgement anyway.

To be honest, I don’t hold out much hope on Mel to make the right appointment. I haven’t agreed with a Derby managerial appointment since Jewell (though that shows how much I know!). It’s a chance at a clean slate though and hopefully appoint someone with a bit more flair and nous about them. Either way, it’ll be an interesting season - as it always is with Derby.

31 minutes ago, Yojimbo said:

I haven’t agreed with a Derby managerial appointment since Jewell (though that shows how much I know!). 

That’s a lie - I was pro-McClaren (both times) but that’s it. Clough, Clement, Wassall, Pearson and Rowett were all appointments I personally didn’t agree with.

Archived