Who is feeling positive for DCFCs future?

RoyMac5

Who is feeling positive this summer?  

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very positive right now purely on the basis that we are losing GR. Oversaw our 2nd worse season in 5 years and produced the most boring negative rubbish I have seen in many a year. That is enough for me to be mega mega positive tonight.

Just now, Topram said:

No, Mel is running the club into the ground, we have no money no manager have to sell our best players, how can you feel positive?

We will hopefully get a manager in who wants to play positive attacking football - that will attract players, as will our club. We have a good squad of players (maybe too many) that can play decent football if allowed to - what's not to be positive about?

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Can't vote on this yet, Roy. Not until I've seen who the next Derby manager is. 

Can’t decide for me too. Mel must get the next appointment right. We can’t afford any more **** ups on the manager front 

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We will hopefully get a manager in who wants to play positive attacking football - that will attract players, as will our club. We have a good squad of players (maybe too many) that can play decent football if allowed to - what's not to be positive about?

Who is the man then Roy?

It all depends on what happens next. If we appoint a proper good manager with the right coaching staff around him who play the right way then I’ll be more positive for next season. I’ll be much more positive if we supplement it with a director of football ,and give him some funds, with good links and a CEO mind , but we’ll see

Having given the guy the benefit of doubt despite my concerns with the style of football.

I thought especially as a former player and due to the number of managerial changes in recent years. I should grit my teeth and give the guy a chance,still learning his craft i thought .

Stability ,loyalty, continuity was in order but GR  you really have disgraced yourself in my eyes by requesting to speak to stoke.

Just go,and F%ck their squad up as much as you have ours,let their fans see some really negative football and don't come back.

I think its a pretty depressing time to be a Derby fan. It seems Mel has thrown what he can at it and our big push for the premier league is over. Granted teams manage it without spending a fortune but pretty much everything has to go right for you over a season for that to happen.

I like Rowett although I wasn't keen on his football. I convinced myself he just needed time to get his own squad. Rowett was clearly in the know about what lies ahead and has made a decision to move on despite claiming to have an attachment to the club. The fact the person with the most knowledge about what lies ahead has jumped ship is a worrying sign for me.

1 minute ago, Stedcfc said:

The fact the person with the most knowledge about what lies ahead has jumped ship is a worrying sign for me.

For me it shows he knows how ordinary his own ability is. Someone with a big ego and a professed love of the club wouldn't have gone. It'd be a challenge...chance to be a Derby God! 

I'm not privy to what cost cutting is required but what I do know is that as it stands we have a decent squad that is capable of challenging at this level. Cardiff got promoted without spending silly money. Looking at their squad man for man would you say they were much better than us? I wouldn't, so therefore on that basis if we get the right man on board then why not feel optimistic.

Archived