Next manager, who would you like in charge?

B4ev6is

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, TomG said:

WOW!  I'll have some of that thank you very much!

I will as well!! and he'll bring Christine with him lol

I am sure we would get some good loan Chelsea players in - Palmer might stay!

I'm all for excitement - Ram Fans need somat  to cheer about

If we bring in lampard we need to be sure he brings in an experienced club man, older head with him (not frank lampard senior).

Someone wo knows what day to day football club management and organisation is all about.

Anyone can pick a starting side and put some cones out for a shooting drill, but club management is much more than that.

Great post Charlie, agree entirely...we need a completely fresh approach and yes, let's get the buzz back. Igor aside and I've said my bit on Igor, let's get DCFC fan's excited again!! 10 years of failure in reality, time to try something new. Rangers have the confidence, we need to as well. Perhaps the so called 'golden generation ' of English talent will do a great job off the pitch! Let' take the chance Derby..

1 minute ago, KBB said:

If we bring in lampard we need to be sure he brings in an experienced club man, older head with him (not frank lampard senior).

Someone wo knows what day to day football club management and organisation is all about.

Anyone can pick a starting side and put some cones out for a shooting drill, but club management is much more than that.

that would have probably been "Butch" Wilkins RIP - but I would settle for someone like Joe Jordan or Kevin Bond - both worked for Uncle Arry!!! lol - we could do with some touchline scrapping

I’d take Lampard too, he’s a very intelligent man and knows so much. I’ve been critical of Mel on many occasions but he would get thumbs up from me if he appoints Lampard as it would show bravery.

Lampard will be able to use the loan market and use his contacts with Man City and Chelsea. Jody Morris would also be a clever recruitment. People don’t know a lot about him but he is one of the brightest English coaches in England and has done brilliantly with the Chelsea youth teams. We would need an experienced head alongside them though.

I’ve seen people say that there is no guarantee that Lampard is going to be a success as great players don’t make great managers. Whilst that’s true, that does not mean that great players can’t become great managers. Zidane has no top managerial experience before taking over Real Madrid but has ended up doing better than experienced managers such as pellegrini, Mourinho, Benitez and ancelotti. We all know about Guardiola too as he created the greatest club team of all time in Barcelona and there are many other examples but I’d be here all day if I listed them all!

The difference between Lampard and other great British players who have ended up failing as managers is that Lampard has a genuine high footballing IQ whereas it’s arguable, Gary Neville aside, that the other great British players are somewhat “thick” to put it bluntly.

10 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Said as soon as Rowett went I want Lampard. That hasn’t changed. Rather have something a bit exciting than employing an average championship manager.

Heard anything juicy? 

1 minute ago, Kamikaze said:

Lampard hasn't even held ONE single coaching position, has no Pro Licence and has only conducted a couple of training sessions for Chelsea Under 18's... 

NO THANKS!

Yeah but, he was an ex England international, that automatically makes him a good manager, right? . . . 

2 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Yeah but, he was an ex England international, that automatically makes him a good manager, right? . . . 

It doesn’t automatically make him poor either. I seem to re-call many saying that Zidane would flop at Real Madrid because he has no experience. The rest is history

If Mel is serious about the youth culture - the rumored Lampard/Jody Morris combo would be a dream for it - if its actually on the cards. That's the way I'm leaning, but it's no secret on here I'm probably close to being more interested in Derby's academy than their first team.

If Morris is more worried about getting our first team competing IMMEDIATELY, then Dean Smith is probably the better option.

Don't know where our head is at as a club - but at least we have more than one option being talked about that is reasonable, and the choice might tell us a bit about the direction Derby is looking to move in. 

3 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

Lampard hasn't even held ONE single coaching position, has no Pro Licence and has only conducted a couple of training sessions for Chelsea Under 18's... 

NO THANKS!

At least he’s not failed several times already,it’s a gamble but let’s enjoy the ride if this happens and I certainly think the football will be better than what was served up under the snake.

1 hour ago, TaylorRam84 said:

But who would you suggest? Who fits your criteria?

The thing is @TaylorRam84 that every contributor to the forums will have a different idea as to who is best for the job but the final decision will come down to Mel Morris. You can also guarantee that whoever he appoints won’t win unanimous approval!!

I want someone who can 1) Provide experience at this level or higher or be exceptional in a lower league 2) Have good man management skills 3) Have broad shoulders and the strength of character to make unpleasant decisions when required  4) Be able to work on a tight budget and bring in young,hungry talented players that are better than what we have. 5) Organise a team to be hard to beat and to mainly play attractive football even though it’s not always possible.Now and again would be nice. 6) Be a good motivator .

And 7) bring some pride back to the club I’ve followed since 1964 and which now feels like a laughing stock.

Anyone out there that meets at least 5/6 of the above will do it for me!??

Lampard played in pirlo’s testimonial the other day, which featured some of the greatest players of all time. Lampard managed to start in that game and many other great players described him as really intelligent and a legend of the game. That shows how highly respected Lampard is. He may not have been the most naturally talented English player like a rooney, Scholes or Owen, but he worked incredibly hard to make it to the top. Quite frankly, our players have no excuses about not giving their all in every game as if it was not beneath Lampard, it should not be beneath them.

7 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

NO THANKS!

But he's a household name. A winner, has some great contacts and a young hungry manager.

Quite frankly It could pay off!

Archived