Next manager, who would you like in charge?

B4ev6is

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Classy!

Sure about that?

I'm not against Lampard, but no-one seems to be able to tell me what style he will implement. Given how style is such a big thing for many of our fans I'd say it's a fairly important question, especially as I imagine he won't come cheap. 

3 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Sure about that?

I'm not against Lampard, but no-one seems to be able to tell me what style he will implement. Given how style is such a big thing for many of our fans I'd say it's a fairly important question, especially as I imagine he won't come cheap. 

Fair point as ultimately none of us know. We are assuming I suppose that he will try to get his team playing the way he has played all his professional life which is...……………..well....classy.

4 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Sure about that?

Perhaps short back and sides will be his style. But on a more serious note, I do think he'll play 11 a side with rush goalie. 

Just now, TaylorRam84 said:

I'd also love the new image lamps would bring to the club. Pure class

I don't know why, but I just don't see Lampard becoming a successful manager, and why should we take the risk when there are better candidates?

10 minutes ago, KCG said:

I don't know why, but I just don't see Lampard becoming a successful manager, and why should we take the risk when there are better candidates?

He might not be a success or he might be absolute hit.  But he knows his football. He's an intelligent bloke who most importantly wants to prove himself. Every manager had a first job at somepoint and someone had to take a risk on them. 

I'm struggling to see who the better candidates are?

38 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Sure about that?

Totally agree! Football is littered with good footballers who couldn’t hack it as good managers.Just because someone was “classy” as a player doesn’t mean he’ll be a good manager! When I hear someone say “give him a chance!” I just cringe.Why would you put someone inexperienced in charge of a multi million pounds organisation? Stimac,for example,was a brilliant footballer but his managerial record is awful! 

I’d rather have someone who’s proven his player management skills ,whose teams play good football and is tough enough to make unpleasant decisions and have broad shoulders.Some of the names being bandied about are enough to make you cringe or laugh in equal measure.

This is a vital appointment and not an opportunity for a “ nice to have” person in charge but time for a “ need to have” manager.

We need real hunger and Lampard would bring that. Keep KP as assistant and possibly add an older head. We need to use this opportunity to look at something new and fresh, not more of the same. We have nothing to lose, I for one and my 12 year old really want Lamps. No other candidate mentioned excites me at all other than Igor, but that won't happen!

C'MON MEL...let the new era begin!!

4 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

Totally agree! Football is littered with good footballers who couldn’t hack it as good managers.Just because someone was “classy” as a player doesn’t mean he’ll be a good manager! When I hear someone say “give him a chance!” I just cringe.Why would you put someone inexperienced in charge of a multi million pounds organisation? Stimac,for example,was a brilliant footballer but his managerial record is awful! 

I’d rather have someone who’s proven his player management skills ,whose teams play good football and is tough enough to make unpleasant decisions and have broad shoulders.Some of the names being bandied about are enough to make you cringe or laugh in equal measure.

This is a vital appointment and not an opportunity for a “ nice to have” person in charge but time for a “ need to have” manager.

But who would you suggest? Who fits your criteria?

I for one would love for us to go for someone who hasn’t managed a club yet, perfect opportunity here as a stepping stone and getting settled into management here, because that is what we are..... a stepping stone..... 

Hope Mr Lampard can persuade his mate Jody Morris who runs the Chelsea U18s team to come.....

1 minute ago, SJDRams7 said:

We need real hunger and Lampard would bring that. Keep KP as assistant and possibly add an older head. We need to use this opportunity to look at something new and fresh, not more of the same. We have nothing to lose, I for one and my 12 year old really want Lamps. No other candidate mentioned excites me at all other than Igor, but that won't happen!

C'MON MEL...let the new era begin!!

Absolute lunacy if we went for Lampard. Trading on his reputation as a player with no managerial experience - drop down the league a couple of divisions and get your experience there. If it works then he won't be short of offers from top Championship and middling PL club's- fail and it wouldn't have been at our expense.

Archived