Next manager, who would you like in charge?

B4ev6is

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't help but realise the level of excitement on here as lampards odds keep being slashed and more people come to like the idea of him. And this is just on a forum. Imagine the buzz around the club if we actually decide to do it. That's exactly why we should. Football is supposed to be about excitement and wanting to watch it. Something which we've all missed out on the last few years.

Time to spice things up and take a gamble!

7 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Lampard is an interesting one. 

It would be a similar appointment to the Paul Clement one. No managerial record to go on but he's had some incredible success in the game and his contacts book would be phenomenal. Wouldn't mind him bringing Harry Redknapp with him necessarily, but I'd want him as far away from our money pot as possible. 

At the moment, I'm leaning more heavily towards Dean Smith, after doing some research. Martin O'Neil is the other that I like the idea of in principle. 

Open to convincing, though. 

Don’t think Redknapp did a lot at the club from what I’ve heard. 

Just now, Davide said:

Don’t think Redknapp did a lot at the club from what I’ve heard. 

Yes, not sure Redknapp and Morris are quite the "best friends" they were made out to be by the end of his spell here.

Doubt he would want to return, I certainly wouldn't want him to, and if it is Lampard, I would want some experience with him who isn't a relation!

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Hmm lampard - when he saw the speed of Huddlestone Johnson and Butterfield he would probably get his boots back on! 

Reminds me of Micheal Laudrup at Swansea. Alan Tate said in an interview that despite Laudrup being nearly 50 he was the best player in training by a good distance!

Just now, TomBustler1884 said:

Yes, not sure Redknapp and Morris are quite the "best friends" they were made out to be by the end of his spell here.

Doubt he would want to return, I certainly wouldn't want him to, and if it is Lampard, I would want some experience with him who isn't a relation!

Arsene Wenger as DoF?

2 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Don't forget, if we get lamps, we also get Christine Bleakley...

Christine Lampard now mate keep up

Just now, Davide said:

Does no one want Martin O Neil?

I would. Ok, he's basically a hugely experienced and very successful version of Gary Rowett, or basically, the manager Gary Rowett has the potential to one day become. But the reality is, until he's in the building, he's got to face the reality of it.

7 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Smith

lampard

warburton

any of these please. Not fussed about the rest

Question on Warburton (not having a go I am just curious to the forums thoughts)...

He did well at Brentford, stalled at Rangers as soon as they hit a level where the competition was remotely fair and then got punted by Forest with noises of dodgy transfer dealings.

How much of his success at Brentford was down to the way that club is run versus his ability to manage a team? Isn't he just a decent coach that cant run a club at this point or are Rangers and Forest just a bit bonkers?

1 minute ago, Davide said:

Does no one want Martin O Neil?

Long stints in International football are always a concern. International head-coaches have a very different approach to domestic ones - they're like 80% motivation. I wouldn't trust his ability to re-adjust, personally.

Archived