Next manager, who would you like in charge?

B4ev6is

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really starting to warm to the idea of Frank Lampard, for all the reasons already mentioned by others.  I mean, Rangers have taken a punt on Steve Gerard, why shouldn't we take one with Frank?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Hmmm. Can't see that being the case. Might be even more pressure with a 'big name' like Lampard?

External pressure, maybe.

But internal pressure would be way higher on an experienced manager over Lampard - and its the internal pressure that really does you in.

Lampard is an interesting one. 

It would be a similar appointment to the Paul Clement one. No managerial record to go on but he's had some incredible success in the game and his contacts book would be phenomenal. Wouldn't mind him bringing Harry Redknapp with him necessarily, but I'd want him as far away from our money pot as possible. 

At the moment, I'm leaning more heavily towards Dean Smith, after doing some research. Martin O'Neil is the other that I like the idea of in principle. 

Open to convincing, though. 

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It would be hilarious if a midfielder that smashed a load of goal scoring records played extreme Rowetball with 8 players in two banks of four on our 18 yard line at all times.

Well he was at Chelsea 

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It would be hilarious if a midfielder that smashed a load of goal scoring records played extreme Rowetball with 8 players in two banks of four on our 18 yard line at all times.

True, but if I remember rightly Gary used to be a full back who liked to get foward?

2 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Well he was at Chelsea 

Even under Mourinho, Chelsea with Lampard were never dull. Not like Jose's Man Utd. 

Of course, I suspect that's partly to do with FL himself, and we don't have a Lampard playing for us, but still.

Archived