Next manager, who would you like in charge?

B4ev6is

5 minutes ago, admira said:

Speak to any Ipswich fan about how dire the football was. He’s stuck in the dark ages, still buying players from Wolves. No thanks. 

I can't disagree with that, the same reason many of us didn't like Rowett. 

My point is that rather than dealing with a £35m wage budget, Ipswich were operating on one less than half of that. Rowett was able to go and spend millions on players, including one that would have been a fraction of the cost and probably not even on our radar if not for his loan with Ipswich under McCarthy. McCarthy's big summer signing was a 250k move for Martyn Waghorn - he managed 16 goals. 

McCarthy definitely has more pros than cons, but yeah, I would be worried about the style of play not improving. I'd also worry about how quickly the relationship with fans would turn. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

We probably weren't far off with that plan. Whoever comes in first needs to change the football on the pitch. It's massively important that we play good football.

If it's a 'Yes man' then it's important he's saying yes to someone who knows what they're doing. So maybe a DOF is important.

I don't envy Mel's situation at the moment - looks like it's an important time for Derby and I hope he pulls something out of the bag.

Is this people's  balls from your previous post Parsnip?

22 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

If it was indicative that Lampard was getting the job, or had got the job, they would suspend the whole market rather than just one candidate. This suggests he is going elsewhere in some capacity and that will be announced or that they've taken a comparatively large bet on it and it's being looked at. Either way he's not coming. 

Heard from a mate that we've had an approach accepted to speak to Dean Smith, he wants to speak to Derby but it's all being kept quiet as if he doesn't get or accept the job then they want him to remain at Brentford. 

May or may not be true - what it does make me realise is that we were very quick to point out that Rowett had requested to speak to Stoke... MM effectively forcing GR's hand and ensuring there was no way back. 

Cheers Mel ?

8 minutes ago, Josef said:

Ian holloway... knows how to get a team together and get to the prem

As a player, I don't think I could ever be inspired by someone who spends the game shouting useful advice like Run, Kick it and Get out.

That type of management went out after the film Kes.

Just now, Anag Ram said:

As a player, I don't think I could ever be inspired by someone who spends the game shouting useful advice like Run, Kick it and Get out.

One manager who i wouldn't want is FAT SAM! that will be clown football. already seen boring enough...

4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

It might have done, but at least the players would understand it.

I always laugh when the subs are about to come on and the coach is waving diagrams in front of their face. I bet they are thinking "just let me get a run, kick it and score a goal!"

Archived