Scott Carson

Cam the Ram

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Dale The Ram said:

Hughes was a big loss... did you not see Hull away???

Yes I did, but I also saw numerous other games where he was invisible!

And I know the invisible games far outweighed the others.

I am not saying he was a bad player, very neat and tidy, more of a link up player, but nowhere near the iconic status lots of Rams fans seem to believe.

18 hours ago, Hathersage Ram said:

I am not saying he was a bad player, very neat and tidy, more of a link up player, but nowhere near the iconic status lots of Rams fans seem to believe.

He will be a top prem midfielder in years to come baring injury

20 hours ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Think I've posted this already in another thread but:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5665221/Will-Hughes-not-wonderkid-anymore-cultured-midfielder-impressing-Watford.html

Southgate was watching him in consideration for a possible England place - If after a stilted, injury hit first season in the Premier League he's played well enough to be on the England radar then I think he'll be fine...

15 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Think I've posted this already in another thread but:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5665221/Will-Hughes-not-wonderkid-anymore-cultured-midfielder-impressing-Watford.html

Southgate was watching him in consideration for a possible England place - If after a stilted, injury hit first season in the Premier League he's played well enough to be on the England radar then I think he'll be fine...

Yes I can see why they were queuing up to sign him ...................... Watford and Telford, Luton etc etc

This iconic status he has is actually laughable

21 hours ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Voted for by his fellow professionals into the Championship Team of the Season in 13/14, our player of the season in 14/15… suggests more than the odd game…

7 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Yes I can see why they were queuing up to sign him ...................... Watford and Telford, Luton etc etc

This iconic status he has is actually laughable

I'm struggling with this - Are you being serious? You really don't think Hughes is a good player?

He's an icon at Derby because of his loyalty to and passion for the club and because he's an academy boy who resisted the lure of a big club move when he was a teen to try and help get us promotion - Not because he was the greatest player we've ever had - Eranio when we had him was leagues better than most of what we've seen from Hughes - He was at the Fulham game and went for a drink with Derby fans afterwards - That's what makes an icon - Same as Buxton - Not his quality

However he has potential which everyone has seen - Top European clubs known for their youth systems have looked at him and known there was talent there - He's had a good (if limited) first season in the Premier League and performed well enough that the England manager has taken note

If he doesn't play for England at some point I'll be very very shocked

45 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I'm struggling with this - Are you being serious? You really don't think Hughes is a good player?

He's an icon at Derby because of his loyalty to and passion for the club and because he's an academy boy who resisted the lure of a big club move when he was a teen to try and help get us promotion - Not because he was the greatest player we've ever had - Eranio when we had him was leagues better than most of what we've seen from Hughes - He was at the Fulham game and went for a drink with Derby fans afterwards - That's what makes an icon - Same as Buxton - Not his quality

However he has potential which everyone has seen - Top European clubs known for their youth systems have looked at him and known there was talent there - He's had a good (if limited) first season in the Premier League and performed well enough that the England manager has taken note

If he doesn't play for England at some point I'll be very very shocked

If you bothered to read my views on Hughes I have always said he is a neat and tidy player. But that's as far as it goes.

He definitely needs to mature physically, and develop more of an eye for goal.

But football is a game of opinions, it's just laughable the derision the club have received for selling Hughes at who knows what sum. If he was half as good as a lot of forum members think, then why were Watford the only interested club?

His rapport with the club and fans has never been in doubt.

Hughes was very talented, but Ince was a much, much, much bigger loss. Hughes will have the better career though. 

Anyway, I sort of agree that Carson would be a bigger loss, but he’s easier to replace. You think what he was before he came here, there’s loads of keepers in a similar boat. We could potentially sign Darlow? If we are playing out from the back, he’s got the best distribution of any keeper I’ve seen recently. 

Keepers go in and out of fashion more than strikers, hence why we were able to sign Carson so cheap in the first place. Wigan fans certainly didn’t rate him as highly as us. 

A poster on here suggested that this lad wants away from Manchester United in the summer:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Henderson

England U21 international, just played 38 games for Shrewsbury in Lge 1 and currently playing the PO final for them v Rotherham.

If, and it's an IF, Scotty did go he may be worth a look at.

Other ex-Man Utd keepers (most trained at some point by Eric Steele btw) that have left in order to play first team football include Tom Heaton and Sam Johnstone.

8 minutes ago, irobinson said:

I trust Eric Steele and finding a good replacement will be one of the easier tasks in this team. That if Carson goes

One of the best GK coaches in the world, who loves and lives in Derbyshire.

Just a shame Rush, Clement and Mel didn't think so really.

37 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

I doubt Scotty will go and i doubt we would be able to get Henderson anyway. His stock is very high, our club isnt big enough and Villa will just steal anyone we want anyway.

Can't see why his stock is high on this showing - far too young, inexperienced and flappy.

Think it might well happen Carson being sold to Stoke,we need to hold out for a decent fee

Id take -3Mill and have Lee Grant back in the deal,as long as all the funds we get coming in this summer is all spent on the rebuild re

Archived