Scott Carson

Cam the Ram

24 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

If Carson was to go (and I really hope he doesn’t) then this would be who I would want.  He’s had a fantastic season at Shrewsbury and has made it clear he wants to drop down to the championship so he can play and not just pick up a pay cheque.

Plus, gk is the one position where I genuinely can’t look around the league and see anyone who I would honestly prefer in goal

I have his dads ear as well. I think ill start dropping hints.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

How much I bet they offer 4-5 million £ and we take it 

So would I as good as he is. Swap with Granty as think there could be worse choices and other priorities outfield to spend on.

Saying that, don’t want him to go.

Carson's value to us exceeds the value of what any team is likely to pay for a 32-year-old. 

I can definitely see interest in him, but without a replacement lined up with his bags packed then I don't see him going. He's about the only player in the entire squad that I would say that for too. 

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Maybe it's given away so much because for most of the season he has been instructed to punt it up to the likes of Nugent who for all his hard work is rarely going to win headers against defenders who are bigger than him 8 out of 10 times?

I am not saying his distribution is perfect, just that the stats only tell half the story. I think he is told where to kick it as opposed to him not being very good at deciding where to kick it.

If we do appoint somebody that plays it out of the back though Carson has shown that he can’t do this. 

2 hours ago, gfs1ram said:

Agreed but what price would you say Carson is worth. £10 - 15 mill ??

If so that would be very tempting as long as it was reinvested in new players.

You would be lucky to get that kind of money for Vydra. He is older and a goalkeeper and will likely go for £1 to 2 million. We won't get much for him.

Stoke will probably cash in on Butland now they've been relegated and the player will want to stay in the PL to help retain his position in the England squad so a move by Rowett to bring in Carson would hardly be a surprise.

He's had a great season for us but I reckon we'd be lucky to get £1.5m for him.

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

Stoke will probably cash in on Butland now they've been relegated and the player will want to stay in the PL to help retain his position in the England squad so a move by Rowett to bring in Carson would hardly be a surprise.

To be honest I reckon i'd rather give him to Forest on a free then sell him to that bunch of six fingered shithouses.  Reckon morris might think the same

12 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Anything less than £5m and it has to be a ferocious “Not For Sale!” no matter who comes calling. 

Archived