Scott Carson

Cam the Ram

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Nijul_cluff said:

Not sure that Man U would sell, just yet

His contract expires at the end of June I believe. There would still be a fee due to his age, but it doesn't look like Man United have shown much interest in offering him a new deal, particularly with De Gea, Romero, Johnstone and Pereira all ahead of him

2 hours ago, Westcumbrianram said:

Henderson had a great game yesterday. Come on Derby get him signed. Small wages and a free transfer, potential to be England number 1 as well so great sell on value.

No he didn't. There was one particularly good reaction save at the end, but other than that he was a relatively typical inexperienced, slightly flappy (missed that cross near the end) young 'rated' goalie.

22 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

His contract expires at the end of June I believe. There would still be a fee due to his age, but it doesn't look like Man United have shown much interest in offering him a new deal, particularly with De Gea, Romero, Johnstone and Pereira all ahead of him

Is compensation still paid if the player isn't offered a contract? Didn't think it was, unless they have changed the ruling that the team have to offer a contract of at least the same wages. 

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No he didn't. There was one particularly good reaction save at the end, but other than that he was a relatively typical inexperienced, slightly flappy (missed that cross near the end) young 'rated' goalie.

Goal keeper of the year for league 1 so must have something. Very confident player, but yes young and might make the odd mistake, but massive potential and FREE with low wages. Man utd want him to re sign and 5 other prem teams in for him but only as a back up. Stated he wants to play regular and is lookong to sign for a championship club.

8 minutes ago, rynny said:

Is compensation still paid if the player isn't offered a contract? Didn't think it was, unless they have changed the ruling that the team have to offer a contract of at least the same wages. 

Ahh yeah, you're right. I presume they'd probably just offer him the tiniest increase in wages should he be in talks with other clubs, just so they'd be eligible to get compensation 

3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Ahh yeah, you're right. I presume they'd probably just offer him the tiniest increase in wages should he be in talks with other clubs, just so they'd be eligible to get compensation 

The commentator for the game yesterday said that "an offer is on the table at United" for Henderson.

3 minutes ago, Carnero said:

The commentator for the game yesterday said that "an offer is on the table at United" for Henderson.

Yeah makes sense then. Can't see him wanting to stay there though with all the interest in him and the fact he's probably 5th choice for them currently. I read that Bristol City were planning to make a £1 mil bid for him, so the compensation package would probably be somewhere in that range

3 hours ago, Westcumbrianram said:

Goal keeper of the year for league 1 so must have something. Very confident player, but yes young and might make the odd mistake, but massive potential and FREE with low wages. Man utd want him to re sign and 5 other prem teams in for him but only as a back up. Stated he wants to play regular and is lookong to sign for a championship club.

And you'd rather have that than Carson? Can't say I would. The leagues are probably littered with ex-goalkeeper of the year/U21 international/next big thing.

Carson already is. For the money we'd get it's not a gamble worth taking, but then I rate keepers more highly than the fees they command. I wonder if Liverpool do too now? ?

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

And you'd rather have that than Carson? Can't say I would. The leagues are probably littered with ex-goalkeeper of the year/U21 international/next big thing.

Carson already is. For the money we'd get it's not a gamble worth taking, but then I rate keepers more highly than the fees they command. I wonder if Liverpool do too now? ?

I dont rate him higher then Carson atm no. I was giving an option if Carson did go, I honestly think rowett will come in for him. 

Archived