Scott Carson

Cam the Ram

5 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Think it might well happen Carson being sold to Stoke,we need to hold out for a decent fee

Id take -3Mill and have Lee Grant back in the deal,as long as all the funds we get coming in this summer is all spent on the rebuild re

It's mad that some want £10m+ for Vyds but would accept £3m for a very good (ie difficult to replace) keeper?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

It's mad that some want £10m+ for Vyds but would accept £3m for a very good (ie difficult to replace) keeper?

GK don't tend to get the same sort of fees as other players. If Carson went I doubt we would get more than a million for him....

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

GK don't tend to get the same sort of fees as other players. If Carson went I doubt we would get more than a million for him....

I know they don't, the point was that really it'd be stoopid to get so little for so integral a part of the squad as Carson.

You say he's an integral part of the squad, but if we see next season as a rebuilding season, we'd be stupid not to cash in on some of the assetts that arnt in our plans for the 19/20 season. 

If I was In charge, I'd cash in on both Carson and Davies, using the Carson money to sign the young United keeper at Shrewsbury. 

4 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

You say he's an integral part of the squad, but if we see next season as a rebuilding season, we'd be stupid not to cash in on some of the assetts that arnt in our plans for the 19/20 season. 

If I was In charge, I'd cash in on both Carson and Davies, using the Carson money to sign the young United keeper at Shrewsbury. 

Did you watch the young United keeper? He's not going to marshall the defence, nor keep goal to the level that Carson does. He would also probably cost as much as Carson. We've our own young keeper to make mistakes and be inexperienced if that's what you want.

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Did you watch the young United keeper? He's not going to marshall the defence, nor keep goal to the level that Carson does. He would also probably cost as much as Carson. We've our own young keeper to make mistakes and be inexperienced if that's what you want.

But he will still be playing in 3-4 years time. His stock is on the rise, Carsons not so much. 

1 minute ago, Nick_Ram said:

But he will still be playing in 3-4 years time. His stock is on the rise, Carsons not so much. 

Keepers play for longer than outfield players, but even so if we want to go up then I don't see much point in swapping an excellent keeper and (perhaps) a couple of million for a young inexperienced keeper or someone like Liverpool's keeper?

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Keepers play for longer than outfield players, but even so if we want to go up then I don't see much point in swapping an excellent keeper and (perhaps) a couple of million for a young inexperienced keeper or someone like Liverpool's keeper?

My point is purely based on us not 'going for it' next season. But infact looking 2-3 years down the line. In 12 months, Carson could have no value. So we've not achieved promotion and have a keeper worth nothing. Whereas if we sell now while his stock is high, we could reinvest in a keeper who will be with us long term.

There is obviously the arguement that we could get promoted next season and he's worth his weight in gold. But that's not a decision for us to make I guess. 

Please don't think that I am advocating getting rid of Carson because he is rubbish, he is one of teh best keepers I've seen at the Rams since Shilton/Poomy. I both agree and also disagree with @RoyMac5

If, and a big IF, he had to go/wanted to go then I would hope we could get £4m or so for him as Stoke are flush with PL cash and if he who shall not be spoken of definitely wanted him, then we could pick up Henderson on a free as his contract is expiring this summer.

If Scotty had to go to Stoke, then we could do some FFP business and get a pomising young lad in (if he wanted to come here that is of course)

13 hours ago, ramboy63 said:

Id take -3Mill and have Lee Grant back in the deal,as long as all the funds we get coming in this summer is all spent on the rebuild re

Lee Grant is 35 - he’s was a fairly good goalkeeper for us, but he’s not going to be an option worth considering.

11 hours ago, Mick Harford said:

Please don't think that I am advocating getting rid of Carson because he is rubbish, he is one of teh best keepers I've seen at the Rams since Shilton/Poomy. I both agree and also disagree with @RoyMac5

If, and a big IF, he had to go/wanted to go then I would hope we could get £4m or so for him as Stoke are flush with PL cash and if he who shall not be spoken of definitely wanted him, then we could pick up Henderson on a free as his contract is expiring this summer.

If Scotty had to go to Stoke, then we could do some FFP business and get a pomising young lad in (if he wanted to come here that is of course)

Mitchell is a promising young lad.  Played for England u23s.

16 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Your right Roy , Vydra I think is replaceable maybe not like for like but a change in system and you could get 20 goals from elsewhere because to be honest he doesn't offer much more (not slating him by any means) but to get a keeper of Carson's standard I wouldn't even no where to begin ! 

PistoldPete2
15 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

SToke paid £1.5 million for Grant who is older and not as good.

If Stoke or anyone else  want Carson £3 m to £4m is the minimum price, assuming we could get a replacement at that price. Straight swap for Butland?

1 hour ago, Westcumbrianram said:

Henderson had a great game yesterday. Come on Derby get him signed. Small wages and a free transfer, potential to be England number 1 as well so great sell on value.

Not sure that Man U would sell, just yet

Archived